Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 1st Round Of The 2015 NFL Draft Thread

goodell is already falling way behind

what was he, 3 or 4 picks behind at one point last year?

Bust

so why did we have to wait so long for that pick, everyone knew what it would be for weeks

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Bust
    yup

Winston it is.

Now things get interesting. Tennessee, Chicago, or Philly with the pick?

ESPN for me...I enjoy noting how WRONG all their mouthpieces are.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

i got nfln, hometown boy mootch for me

So we have an official overall thread, and a thread for each round?

#NFLDraft ‏@nfl 4m4 minutes ago
    Round 1 - Pick 1

@TBBuccaneers select Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State #NFLDraft

Bio

Winston boasts a 26-1 record during his string of 27 starting assignments, as the 2013 Heisman Trophy winner finished sixth in the voting for that award in 2014…Completed 562-of-851 passes (66.04%) for 7,964 yards, 65 touchdowns and 28 interceptions, as he also gained 284 yards and scored seven times on 145 carries (1.96 ypc) to finish his career with 8,243 yards in total offense via 996 plays, as he was responsible for 72 touchdowns… In addition to having 28 of his pass attempts picked off, opponents also deflected 102 of his other tosses (total of 130 of his passes were defended, 15.28% of his throws), he also fumbled thirteen times, with the opposition recovering four of those miscues. Winston became the tenth player in NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision history to record a passing efficiency rating of 180.0 in a season, as his 2013 figure of 184.8 is good for fourth on that chart behind Russell Wilson of Wisconsin (191.8 in 2011), Robert Griffin III of Baylor (189.5 in 2011) and Colt Brennan of Hawaii (186.0 in 2006).

EVALUATION
    To most scouts, Winston possesses all the tools you look for in a pro passer – impressive size, decent mobility and a cannon-like arm. He has a quick over-the-top release that sees him consistently connect when heading down field, as he displays that rare quality to “thread the needle.” He has good balance to throw on the move and enough functional foot speed to be a running threat. That confidence in his scrambling ability does lead to trouble though, as he is often too quick to bolt the pocket rather than scan the field.

Jameis Winston NFL Scouting Combine measurable

6-4/231 (4.97 forty)
    32-inch arm length
    9 3/8-inch hands
    28.5-inch vertical jump
    103-inch broad jump
    7.16 3 cone drill
    4.36 20 yard shuttle

http://profootball.scout.com/story/1...aluation?s=127
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Berman already looking like the drunk moron he is...and we've got 3 more hours to go.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 39s40 seconds ago
    #Bucs talked to more than 75 people, more than 100 man hours looking into Jameis Winston’s past. They are confident in him as a person.

Johnny Cash on Pandora. Starting draft out right for Jameis Winston.
    They missed one person to interview: https://medium.com/the-cauldron/the-...n-9a56b00651c4
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Berman already looking like the drunk moron he is...and we've got 3 more hours to go.

NFL Network is the way to go.

From PFF:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Jameis Winston, 1st Overall

No surprises here as the Bucs make Jameis Winston the face of their franchise. He’s coming off a pretty average 2014 season and comes with a lot of baggage, but if you go back and watch his 2013 season then this pick is a slam dunk. Steve Palazzolo broke Winston down in great detail here and it would be a surprise if he isn’t starting come Week 1 with only Mike Glennon in his way. Winston has earned comparisons to Matt Ryan and Ben Roethlisberger with his play, with his Roethlisberger like ability for keeping plays alive highlighted by how only 12.1% of the plays he was pressured on turned into sacks against Power-5 teams. That was the third best number out there.

2nd pick and I'm already irritated. Announce the fuckin pick and move on!!!

OK, who is tipping picks? Pro Football Talk says they are leaking but I am not seeing them.

somewhere, Chip Kelly is crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    NFL Network is the way to go.
    ^ This

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    2nd pick and I'm already irritated. Announce the fuckin pick and move on!!!
    Agreed

@pbmax - Not seeing it either.

Found him.

Paul Kuharsky ‏@PaulKuharskyNFL 5m5 minutes ago
    The pick is Mariota. #TENpick #Titans

Scout.com
    http://profootball.scout.com/story/1...aluation?s=127

MARCUS MARIOTA
    Oregon
    POSITION
    QB
    HEIGHT/WEIGHT
    6'4"/222
    NO.
    VERIFIED 40 TIME
    COLLEGE
    Oregon
    HS
    St. Louis School
    HOME
    Honolulu, HI
    YEAR

SCOUT RANK 07
    POSITION RANK 01

Bio

Mariota holds the rare distinction for being the only Oregon quarterback to start every game (41) during his career, as he completed 779-of-1,167 passes (66.75%) for 10,796 yards, 105 touchdowns and only 14 interceptions, averaging 263.32 aerial yards per game…The junior carried the ball 337 times for 2,237 yards (6.64 ypc) and 29 touchdowns. Mariota had just 1.20% of his pass attempts intercepted (14-of-1,167), breaking the NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision record of 1.43% by Geno Smith of West Virginia.His average gain of 8.67 yards per play (total offense) was just shy of the NCAA all-time record of 8.70 yards by Sam Bradford of Oklahoma. Among active players in the major college ranks, Mariota leads that group in passing efficiency (171.75 rating), average gain per total offense play (8.67), ranking third for touchdown passes (105), yards gained per game (317.88 total offense) and touchdowns responsible for (136), as he is one of only four players in college at all levels to throw for at least 4,000 yards and rush for at least 1,000 yards in a career…Mariota won the 2014 Heisman Trophy.

EVALUATION
    Mariota has above average lower and upper body mechanics, showing quickness in his pass set. He shows good mobility getting back quickly to set up and unlike most West Coast/spread quarterbacks, looks very comfortable lining up under center rather than in the shotgun. He shows a snappy overhead release. Even when he carries the ball lower than ideal when moving out of the pocket, he shows good zip behind his tosses.

Marcus Mariota NFL Scouting Combine measurable

6-4/222 (4.52 forty)
    32-inch arm length
    9 7/8-inch hands
    36-inch vertical jump
    121-inch broad jump
    6.87 3 cone drill
    4.11 20 yard shuttle

Jacksonville is on the clock.

This will be Leonard Williams, no?