Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: Official 1st Round Of The 2015 NFL Draft Thread

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Gordon went to San diego
    Well, perhaps with the team possibly moving to L.A., they'll also change their name to the Colts. That could get confusing.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Hey Ray sorry fat fingers here that was suppose to say more not +-

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Mayock had him #1 safety. So that's two 'safeties' in a row

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...on-rankings-40
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Remember that shit second round pick out of Bethune Cookman and the bum we got with that one? Fuck Ted is a moron.

How about giving the kid a chance to show what he's got? granted it's from highlight reels, but he looks fast as hell, aggressive tackler with good ball skills and great body control. It also sounds like he's got that constellation of intangibles Ted loves: smart, loves the game, leader, all that jazz.

Blog Entries
    comparisons to Jimmy Ward and Devin McCourtey from NE......I'll take the latter
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Stupid old lap top that was from a earller post ansd it just reposted it

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Remember that shit second round pick out of Bethune Cookman and the bum we got with that one? Fuck Ted is a moron.

How about giving the kid a chance to show what he's got? granted it's from highlight reels, but he looks fast as hell, aggressive tackler with good ball skills and great body control. It also sounds like he's got that constellation of intangibles Ted loves: smart, loves the game, leader, all that jazz.
    I am prejudging him. Right now I have him in the pro bowl in 2 years; all pro in 4. Gone in 5.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by wpony View Post
    Stupid old lap top that was from a earller post ansd it just reposted it
    Probably a software problem rather than hardware. Software is eating the world.

LOL thanks but I think its just brain dead LOL you think if that 1 top TE is there tomorrow when it our turn will it turn tts head

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I am prejudging him. Right now I have him in the pro bowl in 2 years; all pro in 4. Gone in 5.
    Soooooooo....... A wasted pick?

i just found this and thought it might be interesting

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h1 hour ago
    The #Packers selected safety Damarious Randall from Arizona State. I’m told they view him as a cornerback.

Quote Originally Posted by wpony View Post
    i WAS SO HAPPY mELVIN gORDAN WENT TO THE COLTS LETS JUST HOPE HE QUITS FUMBLING
    Melvin went to San Diego.

There are highlights of his combine workout on the Packers' website now.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I get the Jimmy Ward comparisons especially as framed in the media draft coverage where both were once 3rd round picks who stood out in every predraft event. I don't think they are that similar as prospects though. Ward is more like Brandon Meriweather. A mini linebacker. Randall is more Earl Thomas. Cover skills and mega range.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Dude perfectly hits the measurables that Ted looks for in corners.

Code:
    Tramon Williams   = 5'11" 194, 4.57 40, 4.20 sht, 6.95 3-cone, 37.5" vert, 13 bch
    Sam Shields       = 5'11" 194, 4.30 40, 4.19 sht, 6.79 3-cone, 39" vert, 15 bch
    Casey Hayward     = 5'11" 192, 4.47 40, 3.90 sht, 6.76 3-cone, 34" vert, 19 bch
    Damarious Randall = 5'11" 196, 4.46 40, 4.07 sht, 6.83 3-cone, 38" vert, 14 bch
    Note: Tramon and Sam weren't drafted and their measurables are from their Pro Days (which tend to be better than those at the Combine).
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Apparently he was an All-American while playing CB in JUCO. This is the most Ted draft pick ever.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

we needed a cb in the worst way and got a versatile one. ari st got him to play cb but needed him to play s. turns out he's the highest rated s in the draft. had he played cb who's to say he wouldn't have been a highly rated cb. don't think we have anything to worry about. lb or dl is next. maybe tt will move up and get one early tomorrow.

Just watched Teds presser. Apparently, Ted thinks Randall is "a good football player", because he says so about 15 times.

This is what I've been thinking. I'm surprised it took this long for someone to mention this. One thing that stood out for me in reading and listening to reports was the kid's closing speed - his knack for the ball.

And like Collins, when TT drafted him I said "Who the f---- is that???"

Hell, none of us know if he's the next Jarrett Bush or the next reverse Leroy Butler. But I do like how very enthusiastic Ted seemed to be. More so than usual.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 15m15 minutes ago
    Damarious Randall measurables:
    40-YD: 4.46
    10-YD: 1.55
    20-YD: 2.58
    Bench: 14
    Vertical: 38
    Broad jump: 10’00”
    3-Cone: 6.83

That 3 cone is nuts, isn't it?
    This is another, now former, Packer:
    Height: 5111
    Weight: 194
    40 Yrd Dash: 4.57
    225 Lb. Bench Reps: 13
    Vertical Jump: 37 1/2
    Broad Jump: 10'7"
    20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.20
    3-Cone Drill: 6.95

Any guesses?

They're sorta similar, though Randall seems to be more pro ready and has better measurables overall.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.