Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Damarious Randall, 2015 First Round Pick

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Ready your crow hole Wist.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Sorry, Wist. You were wrong about Randall then, and repeating it now doesn't make it anymore true than it was then. "Soft" is a guy like Tramon Williams, especially in his last few season in GB, who will run alongside a ball carrier and not even try to do more than handfight with him. Randall, on the other hand, never hesitates to stick his nose in and make a tackle.
    If all you watch is Packers football, he probably seems like the second coming of Rod Woodson... on the other hand, I don't think he can carry Darby's jock. Are you saying Randall was/is as good as Darby??

Randall is a soft player. He is the type of player the Packers prefer... for some reason, given the choice between two players - a tough, hardnosed tackler, and a finesse guy, the Packers will take the finesse guy every time.

The national media have been questioning the Packers toughness for years - and for good reason.
    wist

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I saw Darby play a couple of times for the Bills. He's pretty physical, but I thought he was a bit of a liability in man coverage. He seemed to get turned and get lost sometimes. Seems like a good player. Should improve.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post

The national media have been questioning the Packers toughness for years - and for good reason.
    And you buy the national media? If all you watch is Packers football...they may look soft, but a lot of teams play as soft or softer than than the Packers D. The Packers aren't playing in a vacuum. the 49ers, Seahawks, and Broncos all had enormous success the past few years with very good defenses. Compared to those teams , the Packers defense looks soft. It really does. But that's a one-sided view. The Packers are designed to beat people mostly with their offense. They can win with a capable defense, and that's probably what they will have, so long as Stubby is the coach.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

If all you watch is Packers football, he probably seems like the second coming of Rod Woodson... on the other hand, I don't think he can carry Darby's jock. Are you saying Randall was/is as good as Darby??

Randall is a soft player. He is the type of player the Packers prefer... for some reason, given the choice between two players - a tough, hardnosed tackler, and a finesse guy, the Packers will take the finesse guy every time.

How the heck can I possibly compare Darby and Randall? I see Randall play every week. When do I get to see Darby play, and how often? I suppose I could make something up based on a few highlight plays, but after all, those are highlights and may not be representative of his overall work.

Randall showed himself to be a willing tackler last year, more willing than some CBs the Packers have had in the past. Maybe his technique wasn't always the best, but that is what coaching is for. I don't know how anyone could watch the Packers last year and not see Randall as a very willing tackler at CB.

Randall hasn't been there "for years", so any media questioning of the "Packers toughness for years" is not an indictment of Randall. It means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    cad!
    I hate that Yooper has a busier day job now.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    we could go bump threads that support TT's use of the first and threads that don't.

Justine Harrell and Sherry come to mind.
    Without a bump I can tell you that Justin Harrell the poster was very unsure about Derek Sherrod the player.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Harvey, he's exactly what I said he was, and he's exactly what he was in college. A guy with good ball skills, and tackles like a girl. I don't like him as a football player - he's far too soft. He's a terrible tackler. I thought Darby was a much better player - and he proved to be a better player with the Bills.

You guys like your soft players that can cover; and you value interceptions over stopping the run and forcing punts. Luckily for you, TT prefers to play soft-ball too - and we habitually have an average to poor defense as a result. I don't get it, but TT will never change, and you guys will never like physical football players. It is what it is.
    "He's far too soft, he's a terrible tackler, and he's a perennial pro bowler!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    we could go bump threads that support TT's use of the first and threads that don't.

Justine Harrell and Sherry come to mind.
    From my perspective the negative folks write a guy off before he sets foot in camp. See above for an example. See all the consternation in yesterday's draft thread regarding Kenny Clark. The optimistic folks aren't saying a guy is a can't miss. They are saying wait and see. See my quote regarding Randall for an example.

I think he's a corner with the versatility to play safety, and later he will. Kind of like Antrell Rolle. I don't hate or like the pick, but he wasn't a reach. Bob and Kiper had him going in the early 20's. Most had him going in the top 40--Lindy's and their two month old scouting reports notwithstanding. I think if people had been thinking of him as a CB, they'd like him a lot more. To me, he's similar prospect to Eric Rowe.
    Last edited by HarveyWallbangers; 04-29-2016 at 09:55 AM.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

It's so funny. It takes literally years to grade a draft and people rush to judgement the day of the draft.

I'm not complaining, fans reactions is all part of the drama and adds to the entertainment value of the whole deal.

Guys I like in R2:

Braxton Miller
    Kevin Dodd
    Su'a Cravens
    Jaylon Smith
    Myles Jack

There are more but Braxton Miller and Su'a Cravens are both going to be studs IMO.

I don't think TT will take any medical chances. Not in round two, anyway.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    It's so funny. It takes literally years to grade a draft and people rush to judgement the day of the draft.

I'm not complaining, fans reactions is all part of the drama and adds to the entertainment value of the whole deal.

I'm not complaining either.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

If we were to redraft tomorrow Darby might crack the top 5 but this wasn't about Darby and still isn't.

You're on record in this thread saying Randall was a wasted pick, not worthy of a first round selection, and even took your hyperbole so far as to say he could have been taken in the 5th round. If we were to redraft tomorrow Randall would be well within top 20. He's exceeded expectations for near every fan but for you he's been an all you can eat crow buffet. Its not polite to talk with your mouth full even when doing so with a separate orifice.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    If we were to redraft tomorrow Darby might crack the top 5 but this wasn't about Darby and still isn't.

You're on record in this thread saying Randall was a wasted pick, not worthy of a first round selection, and even took your hyperbole so far as to say he could have been taken in the 5th round. If we were to redraft tomorrow Randall would be well within top 20. He's exceeded expectations for near every fan but for you he's been an all you can eat crow buffet. Its not polite to talk with your mouth full even when doing so with a separate orifice.
    I don't think he was worth a 1st round pick. Didn't, and don't.

What part of that don't you understand?? I don't like soft players, never will, and would never draft one in the first round - is that clear enough for you??
    wist

Yes, but no one else sees the 'softness' you describe. You may need to readjust your set.

Nitschke > Butkus > Darby > soft > Randall > ankle-biter

Just because he isn't an ankle biter doesn't mean he is not soft. Look at that scale!

I don't think he was worth a 1st round pick. Didn't, and don't.

What part of that don't you understand?? I don't like soft players, never will, and would never draft one in the first round - is that clear enough for you??
    Oh no I understand perfectly, and you're certainly entitled to opine as hard as any of us humble know-nothing amateurs. Then there's you:

Quote Originally Posted by wist43
    Can't believe anyone really believes the kid should have gone that high... sounds like someone started a misdirection campaign that this kid was a player, and people began to believe the ruse.

Seriously, just put on the game tape of the guy... he couldn't tackle your grandmother. Soft, softer, and please don't hurt me type of player. The more I watched of the guy, the more I thought I was alone in the Twilight Zone - wondering, am I the only one who is seeing this??

Apparently I am the only one who is seeing it, b/c what I saw of Randall should have him flipping burgers at McDonalds before he belongs on an NFL roster.

I'm sure he'd be All-World in a flag football league - but the NFL aint that.
    Doesn't quite match up with the 2015 edition of Damarious "the crow chef" Randall.

https://vine.co/v/iMqAuaB0VuZ

^ Anklebiter!

Lol!

More like lumber salesman.

Serious question, how many cb's today really bring the wood?
    Randall has shown that he's not afraid to get in there abdominal mix it up. He's not a big guy but he's certainly not tramon playing patty cake with receivers.
    Go PACK