Thread: Damarious Randall, 2015 First Round Pick

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    That Oregon St. footage... my God he looks awful!!!

Can't tackle, plays soft, gets outrun, gets turned around, gets beat easily...

Wow, just wow how bad he looks in that game... will go thru the others when I get a chance.
    wist

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    That Oregon St. footage... my God he looks awful!!!
    "Bit of a rough game here" I bet that's what attracted you to watch that one first! LOL
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

That's exactly what I saw of him - what little I could find.

"Ankle biting" tackler is a great description... I don't care what he might measure out as - he plays a midget brand of football. He plays very small, and doesn't have the bulk or strength to get even average WR's on the ground - he's going to get his ass handed to him by NFL WR's.

Read a couple of reports that had him as 5th rounder - that seems about right; but of course we just wasted a #1 on him.

Maybe he turns into a decent nickelback - but you don't spend 1st round draft picks on nickelbacks.
    Remember the consternation! Do we have the threads going back to the Nick Collins pick or was that on JSO?
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Remember the consternation! Do we have the threads going back to the Nick Collins pick or was that on JSO?
    Harvey, he's exactly what I said he was, and he's exactly what he was in college. A guy with good ball skills, and tackles like a girl. I don't like him as a football player - he's far too soft. He's a terrible tackler. I thought Darby was a much better player - and he proved to be a better player with the Bills.

You guys like your soft players that can cover; and you value interceptions over stopping the run and forcing punts. Luckily for you, TT prefers to play soft-ball too - and we habitually have an average to poor defense as a result. I don't get it, but TT will never change, and you guys will never like physical football players. It is what it is.
    wist

Harvey, he's exactly what I said he was, and he's exactly what he was in college. A guy with good ball skills, and tackles like a girl. I don't like him as a football player - he's far too soft. He's a terrible tackler. I thought Darby was a much better player - and he proved to be a better player with the Bills.

You guys like your soft players that can cover; and you value interceptions over stopping the run and forcing punts. Luckily for you, TT prefers to play soft-ball too - and we habitually have an average to poor defense as a result. I don't get it, but TT will never change, and you guys will never like physical football players. It is what it is.

If last year's draft could be done over today, with one year in the pros to now see, how many people think Randall would last until the Packers' pick in the first, much less the fifth round as Wist suggests?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

"He's far too soft, he's a terrible tackler, and he's a perennial pro bowler!"