Thread: Damarious Randall, 2015 First Round Pick

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I wasn't talking about Darby vs. Randall. That is irrelevant to the discussion. I was poking fun at wist's brutal scouting report on Randall, and the fact that he said he wouldn't take Randall before the 5th round.
    Don't think I said that... as I remember, I said there were sites that had a 5th round grade on him - one site had him as an undrafted FA. I don't like soft players, and would think that there would be a player more to my liking at just about every pick of the draft.

Look Harv, I know all you guys are homers, and you love every pick Ted makes - whether they are good or hamburger flippers is irrelevant to the fact that you all will pour accolades on to every Packer draft choice.

Philosophically, I don't agree at all with the Packer approach to defense - so naturally, I'm not going to like a lot of the players TT picks on that side of the ball simply b/c of style. They may end up being a servicable player for the style that the Packers play, but for the style of play I prefer, Ted's players simply wouldn't be a fit.

There are teams that get how to play good defense; and, there are teams that get how to play good offense - and they draft accordingly. The Packers, under TT and MM, have been all about offense, and the defense has been bad to average, with the exception of a couple of years in which TT had inherited players and actually signed a couple of key FA's, i.e. Jenkins, Woodson, and Pickett.

The rest of the time, the majority of the time TT has been here - the defense has been shit With you guys the whole time thinking you're watching something that is Lombardiesque.

Didn't know 'Lombardiesque' was a word did ya?? Well, now ya do
    wist

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post

Philosophically, I don't agree at all with the Packer approach to defense - so naturally, I'm not going to like a lot of the players TT picks on that side of the ball simply b/c of style. They may end up being a servicable player for the style that the Packers play, but for the style of play I prefer, Ted's players simply wouldn't be a fit.
    This is a reasonable thing to say

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    The rest of the time, the majority of the time TT has been here - the defense has been shit With you guys the whole time thinking you're watching something that is Lombardiesque.
    this is a really stupid thing to say
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck