Thread: Draft 2016 Rounds 2 and 3: The Green Bay Packers Target Athleticism

Draft 2016 Rounds 2 and 3: The Green Bay Packers Target Athleticism

From Super Bowl Nation: Acme Packing Co.

Edited by woodbuck27>. Click on the LINK for the original article.

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/20...et-athleticism

Packers GM Ted Thompson filled a the void (BJ Raji) by adding UCLA defensive tackle Kenny Clark ... On Day Two Friday night, TT and his Draft Team drafted two athletic talents.

Round 2: Jason Spriggs (OT, Indiana), No. 48 Overall

Edited.

OT Jason Spriggs appeared destined for a late-first-round nod following the 2016 Combine. Trading up to No. 48, the Packers have a plan for the 6-7, 298-pound athletic prospect who ** can play "all over the line," according to a Ryan Wood tweet.

Jason Spriggs is an insurance policy ** who has only played left tackle at Indiana **. Barring any injury, He'll Spriggs will be groomed to become an eventual starter with upside. He's athletic, a lineman who can move downfield.

Round 3. Kyler Fackrell (OLB, Utah State), No. 88 Overall

Edited:

Kyler Fackrell tore his ACL in Utah State's opener against Tennessee in 2014, but responded as a senior for the Aggies (82 total tackles, 5.0 sacks). He's a tall 3-4 OLB who can stand up and rush the quarterback.

ProFootballFocus had Fackrell No. 7 among edge rushers a constant presence in the backfield in the Mountain West. He's still raw and wants to add muscle. There's still the issue of Clay Matthews remaining at outside linebacker. Fackrell could learn as a rotational edge rusher in his rookie season.

There is a injury history when gauging Fackrell's place on the team, but he could be a dependable 3-4 edge rusher or outside linebacker in different scenarios for the Packers.

Comment woodbuck27:

I like what Ted Thomson and his Draft Team are giving to the future of the Green Bay Packers through the first three rounds of this draft.

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !!
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I wish I did, but hope I am wrong.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack