Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Damarious Randall, 2015 First Round Pick

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    No offense, but anybody reading Lindy's should probably quit watching sports. They are awful, and they've been awful for at least 20 years.
    QFT. They're terrible. Doesn't necessarily mean they're wrong here, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Steelers' secondary is a mess, and they picked the pass rusher. Hmmm....
    Yeah, they took the best player on their board (at a premium position) instead of reaching in the secondary. If Bud Dupree were there at 30, I imagine Green Bay would have picked him, also.

What I've heard is that New England also had D. Randall rated above M. Brown on their board.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I'm just waiting for wist to come out and say that it doesn't matter how good The Randall is, dunderdummy won't use him right anyways.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    has anyone ele mentioned that he's added 20 pounds since the college season ended?

so bigger, but maybe slower

He added the weight prior to the Combine, so he was still fast with it.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I read he put on the weight before his senior season. Which is correct?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He added the weight prior to the Combine, so he was still fast with it.
    so he might actually look faster on game film then he was at the combine

i wonder if he'll lose some of it now that he is a cb?

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I read he put on the weight before his senior season. Which is correct?
    don't know, i read that he put on weight for the combine

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Eat your heart out, boys. This from Rotoworld:
    Saints coach Sean Payton envisions No. 31 overall ILB Stephone Anthony at Mike linebacker.

"We like the makeup, his size, his flexibility, position flexibility, I think he can play either inside position," Payton said. "I think he is probably most suited to play Mike, so he has that body type." Mike was Anthony's college position, and where he'll almost certainly start come Week 1. A sure tackler with plus athleticism, Anthony could play all three downs.

Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune
    May 1 - 1:07 AM

One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

yup, and we got a guy who "will be a contributor on special teams right away"

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I'm just waiting for wist to come out and say that it doesn't matter how good The Randall is, dunderdummy won't use him right anyways.
    ... that goes without saying, duh
    wist

I like the kid's ball skills. Those are intangibles that you can't teach. I wish he was a little taller, but he's not small. I question if he can be a true CB in the NFL. Picking at the end of the 1st round is always a big crap shoot. I didn't really see anyone else who I thought was going to be a sure fire starter in year one still on the board. Thompson has had a rather good track record in spotting secondary talent, so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until I see the kid in camp.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Everything Wist is saying about Randall is how I feel about Sam Shields.

Randall's inexperience doesn't bug me. If this staff can teach an undrafted guy with a year of experience and a learning disability to play corner its foolish to bet against Randall. Ready your crow hole Wist.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Everything Wist is saying about Randall is how I feel about Sam Shields.

Randall's inexperience doesn't bug me. If this staff can teach an undrafted guy with a year of experience and a learning disability to play corner its foolish to bet against Randall. Ready your crow hole Wist.
    But half of wist's criticism would be on point, if he were tagged to play safety, esp. some strong or in the box safety. But he isn't being asked to do that.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I know some of these have been mentioned, but I went on line to list as many evaluations as I could. Here goes:

NFL. Com:
    Maycock - #30 of his top 100, mocked him being draft at #20.
    Brandt - #35 of his top 40 list.
    Jeremiah – not included in his top 50.
    Brooks – mocked at #29. Ranked as a “Red Chip Prospect” (contribute immediately, starter by end of the year).
    Zierlein & Reuter – mocked at #40.

National Football Post - #85 on their "Big Board".

Banks (Sports Illustrated) - mocked at #29

Walter Football - mocked at #38.

Rang (CBS Sports) - #29

Matt Miner (Bleacher Report) - mocked at #29

Schrager (Fox Sports) - mocked at #27

McGinn (JSO) - mocked at #20, ranked as the #2 safety available.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I know some of these have been mentioned, but I went on line to list as many evaluations as I could. Here goes:

NFL. Com:
    Brooks – mocked at #29. Ranked as a “Red Chip Prospect” (contribute immediately, starter by end of the year).

Rang (CBS Sports) - #29

should be noted that walter football gave the pick a B- because it was a bit of a reach and ILB was clearly a bigger need with all ILB's available at the time

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    That's exactly what I saw of him - what little I could find.

"Ankle biting" tackler is a great description... I don't care what he might measure out as - he plays a midget brand of football. He plays very small, and doesn't have the bulk or strength to get even average WR's on the ground - he's going to get his ass handed to him by NFL WR's.

Read a couple of reports that had him as 5th rounder - that seems about right; but of course we just wasted a #1 on him.

Maybe he turns into a decent nickelback - but you don't spend 1st round draft picks on nickelbacks.
    and TT must have fallen in LOVE with him.

TT had better options.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I confess, I don't see him as a safety. But I am routinely wrong about college to pro moves. But it seems safe to say the Packers see him as a CB as well.
    He better be able to play CB. Why in the hell do we keep trying to shove round pegs into square holes like we did here and a couple of years ago with Nick Perry?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    alright, i watched the rest of those videos, and although he looks "ok", at no point did i think i was watching a must have first round player

and it can't be overlooked that we just went from picking from all the ILBs to probably hoping we get at least 1 left over after everyone else is done picking through them, just to draft this guy. so he damn well better turn out to be wood jr, or else this will go down as a massive fail for TT in my eyes
    I really don't think this was a great draft class. I heard some say only the top 20 guys in the first round were first round value this year.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 15m15 minutes ago
    Seale on Damarious Randall: Baseball player, good hands, slot, free safety

Did they give him number 36? He is only a corner because he they have good safety depth. He will play center field by the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post

NFL. Com:

Rang (CBS Sports) - #29

Can't believe anyone really believes the kid should have gone that high... sounds like someone started a misdirection campaign that this kid was a player, and people began to believe the ruse.

Seriously, just put on the game tape of the guy... he couldn't tackle your grandmother. Soft, softer, and please don't hurt me type of player. The more I watched of the guy, the more I thought I was alone in the Twilight Zone - wondering, am I the only one who is seeing this??

Apparently I am the only one who is seeing it, b/c what I saw of Randall should have him flipping burgers at McDonalds before he belongs on an NFL roster.

I'm sure he'd be All-World in a flag football league - but the NFL aint that.
    wist