Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Damarious Randall, 2015 First Round Pick

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Did any of you ever subscribe to the Packer Report when Ray Nitschke was the editor? In those dark days of the late 70's and very early 80's you'd find out such things as the Packers decided to take Rich Campbell instead of a future hall of famer in Ronnie Lott. Good times!
    I remember getting the PR delivered to the dorm:

With inspiring headlines like: "Tom Flynn is a great defensive back"
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Did any of you ever subscribe to the Packer Report when Ray Nitschke was the editor? In those dark days of the late 70's and very early 80's you'd find out such things as the Packers decided to take Rich Campbell instead of a future hall of famer in Ronnie Lott. Good times!
    When back here in Wisconsin I just bought it off the rack, but when I was overseas in the Navy and living out of state I subscribed to it.

It was always the highlight of mail call if I got a PR in... there were several Packer fans on the ship and I was the only one with subscription, so I was a popular guy when each issue would arrive.

This was at a time well before cell phones - we sometimes didn't get sports scores for a day or two afterward. Just depended on message traffic - if there wasn't much going on we'd get the news and sports sent to us, but if we were involved in wargames or there was some sort of heightened alert, we might not get sports info for days at a time.
    wist

both

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I'm gonna give The Randall The Benefit of The Doubt until they start making him wear boxing gloves in practice.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

alright, i watched the rest of those videos, and although he looks "ok", at no point did i think i was watching a must have first round player

and it can't be overlooked that we just went from picking from all the ILBs to probably hoping we get at least 1 left over after everyone else is done picking through them, just to draft this guy. so he damn well better turn out to be wood jr, or else this will go down as a massive fail for TT in my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    alright, i watched the rest of those videos, and although he looks "ok", at no point did i think i was watching a must have first round player

and it can't be overlooked that we just went from picking from all the ILBs to probably hoping we get at least 1 left over after everyone else is done picking through them, just to draft this guy. so he damn well better turn out to be wood jr, or else this will go down as a massive fail for TT in my eyes
    I really don't think this was a great draft class. I heard some say only the top 20 guys in the first round were first round value this year.

has anyone ele mentioned that he's added 20 pounds since the college season ended?

so bigger, but maybe slower

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    has anyone ele mentioned that he's added 20 pounds since the college season ended?

Yeah, I think Wist mentioned it...artificial weight he put on for the combine.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

He added the weight prior to the Combine, so he was still fast with it.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He added the weight prior to the Combine, so he was still fast with it.
    so he might actually look faster on game film then he was at the combine

i wonder if he'll lose some of it now that he is a cb?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I'm just waiting for wist to come out and say that it doesn't matter how good The Randall is, dunderdummy won't use him right anyways.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I'm just waiting for wist to come out and say that it doesn't matter how good The Randall is, dunderdummy won't use him right anyways.
    ... that goes without saying, duh
    wist

I read he put on the weight before his senior season. Which is correct?

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I read he put on the weight before his senior season. Which is correct?
    don't know, i read that he put on weight for the combine

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Eat your heart out, boys. This from Rotoworld:
    Saints coach Sean Payton envisions No. 31 overall ILB Stephone Anthony at Mike linebacker.

"We like the makeup, his size, his flexibility, position flexibility, I think he can play either inside position," Payton said. "I think he is probably most suited to play Mike, so he has that body type." Mike was Anthony's college position, and where he'll almost certainly start come Week 1. A sure tackler with plus athleticism, Anthony could play all three downs.

Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune
    May 1 - 1:07 AM

One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

yup, and we got a guy who "will be a contributor on special teams right away"

I like the kid's ball skills. Those are intangibles that you can't teach. I wish he was a little taller, but he's not small. I question if he can be a true CB in the NFL. Picking at the end of the 1st round is always a big crap shoot. I didn't really see anyone else who I thought was going to be a sure fire starter in year one still on the board. Thompson has had a rather good track record in spotting secondary talent, so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until I see the kid in camp.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Everything Wist is saying about Randall is how I feel about Sam Shields.

Randall's inexperience doesn't bug me. If this staff can teach an undrafted guy with a year of experience and a learning disability to play corner its foolish to bet against Randall. Ready your crow hole Wist.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Everything Wist is saying about Randall is how I feel about Sam Shields.

Randall's inexperience doesn't bug me. If this staff can teach an undrafted guy with a year of experience and a learning disability to play corner its foolish to bet against Randall. Ready your crow hole Wist.
    But half of wist's criticism would be on point, if he were tagged to play safety, esp. some strong or in the box safety. But he isn't being asked to do that.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Ready your crow hole Wist.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.