Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Damarious Randall, 2015 First Round Pick

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Oh no I understand perfectly, and you're certainly entitled to opine as hard as any of us humble know-nothing amateurs. Then there's you:

Doesn't quite match up with the 2015 edition of Damarious "the crow chef" Randall.

https://vine.co/v/iMqAuaB0VuZ

The guy makes one hit, and now he's Rod Woodson?? Yeah, right... hell, I think even Deion Sanders had a decleater or two

I saw enough missed tackles and timid breakdowns to hold to my opinion of the guy being soft.

If we were going to go CB last year, I'd have taken Darby - who clearly showed to be the better player.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    The guy makes one hit, and now he's Rod Woodson?? Yeah, right... hell, I think even Deion Sanders had a decleater or two

I saw enough missed tackles and timid breakdowns to hold to my opinion of the guy being soft.

If we were going to go CB last year, I'd have taken Darby - who clearly showed to be the better player.
    5th rounder.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    5th rounder.
    That's right - only 1st round picks can play, right??

Darby is better than Randall, yet was a 2nd round pick... crazy, huh??
    wist

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Darby is better than Randall, yet was a 2nd round pick... crazy, huh??
    I disagree. They are used differently and Randall wasn't needed to start right away, so he didn't accumulate the same numbers.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

^^^ Still, Wist could be right - over a career I could see Darby having a better run than Randall. Just saying it's too early to tell. Looks pretty close right now.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    ^^^ Still, Wist could be right - over a career I could see Darby having a better run than Randall. Just saying it's too early to tell. Looks pretty close right now.
    End of first round is less than a fifty-fifty proposition that they start for any appreciable time. Packers ahead of the curve there. He and Quentin Rollins Band are going to be around for awhile.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    End of first round is less than a fifty-fifty proposition that they start for any appreciable time. Packers ahead of the curve there. He and Quentin Rollins Band are going to be around for awhile.
    All true it appears. But here I'm just comparing to Darby. If you project Randall from 9 to 15 starts, he has more tackles, and twice as many interceptions. I've watched them both. Randall may be 'softer' but he covers better in man. (only two games watched for the Bills to every game for the Packers so there is a bias)

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    All true it appears. But here I'm just comparing to Darby. If you project Randall from 9 to 15 starts, he has more tackles, and twice as many interceptions. I've watched them both. Randall may be 'softer' but he covers better in man. (only two games watched for the Bills to every game for the Packers so there is a bias)
    I wasn't talking about Darby vs. Randall. That is irrelevant to the discussion. I was poking fun at wist's brutal scouting report on Randall, and the fact that he said he wouldn't take Randall before the 5th round.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

I wasn't talking about Darby vs. Randall. That is irrelevant to the discussion. I was poking fun at wist's brutal scouting report on Randall, and the fact that he said he wouldn't take Randall before the 5th round.
    Don't think I said that... as I remember, I said there were sites that had a 5th round grade on him - one site had him as an undrafted FA. I don't like soft players, and would think that there would be a player more to my liking at just about every pick of the draft.

Look Harv, I know all you guys are homers, and you love every pick Ted makes - whether they are good or hamburger flippers is irrelevant to the fact that you all will pour accolades on to every Packer draft choice.

Philosophically, I don't agree at all with the Packer approach to defense - so naturally, I'm not going to like a lot of the players TT picks on that side of the ball simply b/c of style. They may end up being a servicable player for the style that the Packers play, but for the style of play I prefer, Ted's players simply wouldn't be a fit.

There are teams that get how to play good defense; and, there are teams that get how to play good offense - and they draft accordingly. The Packers, under TT and MM, have been all about offense, and the defense has been bad to average, with the exception of a couple of years in which TT had inherited players and actually signed a couple of key FA's, i.e. Jenkins, Woodson, and Pickett.

The rest of the time, the majority of the time TT has been here - the defense has been shit With you guys the whole time thinking you're watching something that is Lombardiesque.

Didn't know 'Lombardiesque' was a word did ya?? Well, now ya do
    wist

Heh. You cannot admit you are wrong. Ever? You said he's got a better shot at flipping burgers than an NFL career. If the only corner in the entire 2015 draft better than Randall is Darby then what? Was he still a wasted first round pick? If he starts for 10 years and ends up with 45 ints is it a wasted pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Heh. You cannot admit you are wrong. Ever? You said he's got a better shot at flipping burgers than an NFL career. If the only corner in the entire 2015 draft better than Randall is Darby then what? Was he still a wasted first round pick? If he starts for 10 years and ends up with 45 ints is it a wasted pick?
    I just gave you an explanation as to why I don't like the guy - give it a fucking rest you unnatural fucking noise.
    wist

I know you weren't. But Wist was. So I decided to address that. Feel free to poke fun at Wist

Philosophically, I don't agree at all with the Packer approach to defense - so naturally, I'm not going to like a lot of the players TT picks on that side of the ball simply b/c of style. They may end up being a servicable player for the style that the Packers play, but for the style of play I prefer, Ted's players simply wouldn't be a fit.
    This is a reasonable thing to say

The rest of the time, the majority of the time TT has been here - the defense has been shit With you guys the whole time thinking you're watching something that is Lombardiesque.
    this is a really stupid thing to say

If you read Randall's scouting report with an eye toward being a safety, I think you could see your way to soft 'n small. Doesn't really mean the same thing for a CB.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Boy, that kid likes to make plays. Pick six, game saving pass break up, multiple end zone picks. What a great choice, Ted! Amazing that we lay folk couldn't see what Ted and his professional scouts saw. Ted must have just gotten lucky! Amiright!?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Can the majority of CBs be called "soft" due to the widespread tackling issues? What about most safties? I think we all see DBs in general decide to throw their bodies at TEs and WRs by leading with a shoulder with hopes that they will knock the guy down vs actually tacking them. Frankly, it's rare that actual tackling exists out of the front 7.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!