Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Day 2 (Rounds 2 and 3) of the 2015 NFL Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    I think the pick will be TJ Clemmings or another OT...

If Clemmings is gone I'm thinking TT will go with DJ Humphries, OT, Florida - or - Jake Fisher OT, Oregon (fits TT's OL template - good athlete, noodle armed, gets called for a lot of penalties).
    You'll be happy to know Humphries was picked last night..... Well, maybe happy is overstating it.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 14m14 minutes ago
    La'el Collins and his reps have decided if he's not selected tonight he will not sign a contract with a team and will renter draft next year
    that has to be the worst agent ever

what player has sat out a full year, then turned in to anything

you think your player is gonna go in the first 3 rounds next year after sitting on his fat ass for a full year?

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2h2 hours ago
    Titans entertaining offers for top pick in 2nd round, No. 33. Top teams in round 2 all taking calls. One team interested in coming up: PITT.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 58m58 minutes ago
    Teams I hear want to come up into the early part of the 2nd round: The #Steelers, the #Seahawks, the #Falcons.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    One of the first round stories was does Adrian Peterson get traded. It's still a story in the second round but his agent basically waved the white flag after the first round and said he was excited the Vikings wanted him and hoped they could work towards a deal to make him retire a Viking.....lol.

Translation? We have no guaranteed money so let's make a deal......
    lol, due to earn 48 million over the next 3 years. yeah, good luck getting more

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

Yea, no shit.

that has to be the worst agent ever

what player has sat out a full year, then turned in to anything

you think your player is gonna go in the first 3 rounds next year after sitting on his fat ass for a full year?
    If he's not selected tonight, he'll be locked into a 4th round (at best) draftee contract for at least 3 years. If he reenters the draft next year, he has a chance to be drafted in the 1st round, with the contract that goes with it. Players sit out a full year all the time. Usually it's because of an injury, but what difference does it make?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Titans entertaining offers for top pick in 2nd round, No. 33. Top teams in round 2 all taking calls. One team interested in coming up: PITT.

Teams I hear want to come up into the early part of the 2nd round: The #Steelers, the #Seahawks, the #Falcons.
    Steelers have to take a d-back
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 14m14 minutes ago
    La'el Collins and his reps have decided if he's not selected tonight he will not sign a contract with a team and will renter draft next year
    Right. Now they are in desperation mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    If he's not selected tonight, he'll be locked into a 4th round (at best) draftee contract for at least 3 years. If he reenters the draft next year, he has a chance to be drafted in the 1st round, with the contract that goes with it. Players sit out a full year all the time. Usually it's because of an injury, but what difference does it make?
    Loses one year of a very limited career and makes nothing and of course anything can happen in a year...

I'm looking for AJ Cann for the Vikings....or maybe one of the two ILBs I mentioned earlier.

He's worried the Vikings will now cut bait. He is taking their (from his point of view) lack of agitating* on his behalf with the League office as dissatisfaction with him that might end his time with the Vikings well before he collects. Injury is also a concern. Unless his lawsuit is successful, he is not getting back last year's post-suspension money either.

Vikes didn't trade him but they also didn't draft his replacement.

Now is the time he has whatever leverage he is going to have.

*Might also be mad about guidance/lack of guidance about the wisdom of taking that plea deal.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar

LOL. They're all scrambling to draft their favorite ILB.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

What time does the draft start tonight?
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

You'll be happy to know Humphries was picked last night..... Well, maybe happy is overstating it.
    Are there rules that say he can't be picked again?? Second dibs??

The pick will be OT - and TT will pick his nose and fling the booger at anyone who dares ask him a question about ILB. Very compelling television
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    I'm looking for AJ Cann for the Vikings....or maybe one of the two ILBs I mentioned earlier.
    WE, as a collective group of fans, will hate you if your team takes one of our ILB's

He's worried the Vikings will now cut bait. He is taking their (from his point of view) lack of agitating* on his behalf with the League office as dissatisfaction with him that might end his time with the Vikings well before he collects. Injury is also a concern. Unless his lawsuit is successful, he is not getting back last year's money either.

Vikes didn't trade him but they also didn't draft his replacement.

Now is the time he has whatever leverage he is going to have.

*Might also be mad about guidance/lack of guidance about the wisdom of taking that plea deal.
    He has very little - potential hall of fame career...missed an entire year for all practical purposes. 30 years old. He HAS to play.

He wants some gauranteed money in case he gets hurt and it all ends.

As for the plea deal, his record is wiped clean if he does what was asked and stays straight and narrow. Legally, this whole thing wasn't much but the NFL had a huge black eye so turned it into the Ed Gein case.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post

Any second Harv!

edit: Or is it 6pm CT?

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    6 i think, in an hour

for those wanting a trade up (i do)

if we include our 2nd and 3rd we could move up about 12-14 spots

our 2nd and 4th would move us up about 5 spots
    I'd hate to give up a 3rd in this draft to move up in the 2nd. Depending on the circumstances, I might not mind giving up a 4th to move up in the 3rd.

I'd hate to give up a 3rd in this draft to move up in the 2nd. Depending on the circumstances, I might not mind giving up a 4th to move up in the 3rd.
    yeah, i seems like a lot to move up very little