Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 UDFA Thread

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    In Ted's presser he was asked about if the UDFA period is fun, in his response he mentioned that he had an analytic study conducted that concluded GB had twice as many snaps maned by UDFA's than the next nearest team over whatever period.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    UDFA signings per Walter Football:

image: http://walterfootball.com/images/fba...kersb_logo.gif
    Green Bay Packers:
    Ricky Collins, WR, Texas A&M-Commerce
    John Crockett, RB, North Dakota State
    Adrian Coxson, WR, Stony Brook
    Tavarus Dantzler, OLB, Bethune-Cookman
    Fabbians Ebbele, OL, Arizon
    Matt Rotterham, OL, Pittsburgh
    Blake Sims, QB, Alabama

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2015u...eFyDYZCvOl5.99
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

The Dolphins pulled down Jeff Luc, Mike Hull, and Zach Virgil. Quit bogarting all the good ILB Miami.

Do I get credit for Crockett?
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

This is great.

John Crockett
    ‏@KingJCrock_23
    So blessed to be wearing the Green and Gold. Go PACK Go PACK!!!! Thank you Green Bay
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

For the record, I think Rajion Neal beats him out for a roster spot, but it's fun to see a Bison on the Packers.

That guy screams camp wonder that we try to sneak onto the PS and never helps our team. :^P

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    That guy screams camp wonder that we try to sneak onto the PS and never helps our team. :^P
    Do you mean Crockett or Neal?

The knock on this kid is that he is too upright when hitting the hole and that he doesn't break a lot of tackles.
    Last edited by Carolina_Packer; 05-02-2015 at 09:37 PM.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

He means Crockett

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    The Dolphins pulled down Jeff Luc, Mike Hull, and Zach Virgil. Quit bogarting all the good ILB Miami.
    No joke. I wonder if we even went after one of these guys. Every agent probably knows that Green Bay is looking for ILB's, so I wonder if any of them were contacted by the Packers. Geez, can't we bring in one guy who actually played ILB in college? Tavarus Dantzler definitely looks good setting the edge. I wonder if they are thinking about moving him inside?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    For the record, I think Rajion Neal beats him out for a roster spot, but it's fun to see a Bison on the Packers.
    Where'd Neal come from, Harv?

I'm blank on that kid, I'll tell ya.

He volunteered at Tennessee. I like Neal. I think Crockett is more like LaDarius Perkins, the other UDFA they had in camp in 2014, who did not stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    He volunteered at Tennessee. I like Neal. I think Crockett is more like LaDarius Perkins, the other UDFA they had in camp in 2014, who did not stick.
    He's nothing like Perkins playing wise. Perkins was short and quick. Crockett is a big back with a good all around game, but he's not as powerful as his size would suggest. His speed is decent for a bigger back, but probably not good enough to stick. He's got a little speed and a little wiggle. What would give him a chance is his third down capabilities. He's a solid receiver and willing in pass protection. Great character guy. Born leader. Got a little Mike Daniels in him.

Blog Entries
    No joke. I wonder if we even went after one of these guys. Every agent probably knows that Green Bay is looking for ILB's, so I wonder if any of them were contacted by the Packers. Geez, can't we bring in one guy who actually played ILB in college? Tavarus Dantzler definitely looks good setting the edge. I wonder if they are thinking about moving him inside?
    Either we can't close the deal.....or we thing we're "fine there"

Any agent with a ILB.....you would think they'd want their client in GB
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

From Maxie:

He's 6'2" 240 lbs. He says GB wants him to play ILB. His measureables are great. His idol is Clay Mathews.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/201...arus-dantzler/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JSO
    Matt Rotheram - OG - Pittsburgh - Feature article about him. Power run blocker who had numerous additional offers
    Here are the 13 other free agents who have signed or agreed with the Packers. All have been confirmed through sources.

Adrian Coxson, WR, Stony Brook: 6-0½, 209, 4.46. Transfer from Florida.

Larry Pinkard, WR, Bluefield College (Va.): 6-0, 196, 4.5. Played the 2014 season at Bluefield after being dismissed from the team at Old Dominion in late June for an unspecified violation of team rules.

Ricky Collins, WR, Texas A&M-Commerce: 6-0, 198, 4.52. Visited the Packers last month.

Mitchell Henry, TE, Western Kentucky: 6-3½, 252, 4.69. Two teams said Henry was nowhere on their draft board.

Fabbians "Fabo" Ebbele, T, Arizona:6-7½, 311, 5.55. Has extremely long arms (36¼ inches). Needs strength; just 22 reps on the bench press.

Marcus Reed, G, Fayetteville State: 6-3½, 355, 5.47. One of the most massive guards in the draft.

John Crockett, RB, North Dakota State: 5-11½, 217, 4.55. Led Bison to three straight FCS national titles. Rushed for 4,309 yards (5.73) and 41 TDs from 2012-'14. From Minneapolis.

Malcolm Agnew, RB, Southern Illinois: 5-9, 205, 4.66. Scored 26 on the Wonderlic and tested well athletically.

Raymond Maples, RB, Army: 6-0, 220, no 40. Rushed for more than 1,000 yards in both 2011 and '12. Production dwindled precipitously the last two years.

Alonzo Harris, RB, Louisiana Lafayette:6-1, 237, 4.68. Jumbo-sized ball carrier.

Lavon Hooks, NT, Mississippi: 6-3½, 312, 5.28. Needs strength, just 18 reps on the bench.

Tavarus Dantzler, LB, Bethune-Cookman:6-2, 233, no 40. Bench-pressed 21 times.

Bernard Blake, CB, Colorado State: 5-11, 178, 4.51. His 10-yard split of 1.57 indicated excellent burst.

Meanwhile, linebacker James Vaughters of Stanford said he was deciding between offers from Green Bay and at least one other team.

In addition, Alabama quarterback Blake Sims is coming to rookie orientation camp on a tryout basis, according to ESPN's Adam Caplan.

Its borderline unsportsmanlike to field this brute against these poor FCS kids.

He seems great in space.

It's interesting that the Packers see him as an ILB when his highlight reel looks like he's a great edge rusher who can play in space. What was your first impression?

Jeff Jankovich ‏@JeffJankovich 1h1 hour ago
    @PackerNews @GBPackNationGB @PackerReport Client Mitch King, TE Penn with invite to Packer rookie minicamp

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 2h2 hours ago
    Miami CB Ladarius Gunter to the #Packers - that might be old news but ..

Packer Report @PackerReport · 12h 12 hours ago
    Stanford OLB James Vaughters wil join the #Packers as well. GB has quite the UDFA history at that position.

^older info, vince's info that he has multiple offers might still be correct
    Last edited by pbmax; 05-03-2015 at 09:51 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    He wasn't even blocked most of the time off the edge, but maybe that's not too surprising because he wasn't blocked too often even when there was a man on him. Beast. At 233 he might be a bit small as an edge guy. It'll be interesting to see how he stacks up against the big boys.