Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Official 2015 UDFA Thread

so did Aaron Rodgers

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I agree with you Maxie. At the very least this is going to be an awesome experiment.

The guy with the limitless physical tools vs the guy who is already a winner.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    2014 - Possession with Intent to Sell
    Possession of guns, with intent to sell

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Reading McGinn's story on the UDFAs, I think Dantzler, Crockett, Collins, and Pinkard are the most intriguing to me.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

This seems awful:

Measurables: 6-3, 252, 4.76. Vertical jump of 28½, broad jump of 9-0, 12 reps on the bench and Wonderlic of 9. Arms were 32 5/8, hands were 9.

for an OLB. JERMAURIA RASCO, OLB, Louisiana State
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

As does this: Measurables: 6-2, 248, 4.87. Vertical jump of 32½, broad jump of 9-4, a phenomenal 35 reps on the bench and Wonderlic of 25. Arms were 32 1/8, hands were 9¼.

for JAMES VAUGHTERS, OLB, Stanford

Are they both going to be ILBs?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Rasco had a nice day rushing the passer at the East West Shrine game. I doubt he's got ILB ability.

Vaugthers is more interesting. He has played outside and inside and he actually kind of dominated. PFF loves him:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...dge-defenders/

From what I've been able to gather it sounds like he bombed the positional drills. His game is all power, hands, and motor. Think Erik Walden with a Stanford education. I'm thinking its a good special teams skillset but there is some interesting upside too.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

These guys, would make excellent UDFAs

The Packers had agreed to a contract with another undrafted rookie back as well, Malcolm Agnew of Southern Illinois
    http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...kies/27063547/

Same article as above post,

Crockett said about 20 teams tried to sign him after the draft, and he chose the Packers over Oakland, Baltimore, Atlanta, Washington and Cincinnati.

"(The Packers) called around the sixth round, they said if they were looking at a back they were going to take me," he said. "But at the end of the day, they still showed they had that interest."
    So they liked Ripkowski more than him?
    (Aaron Ripkowski, Christian Ringo, Kennard Backman)

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Same article as above post,

So they liked Ripkowski more than him?
    (Aaron Ripkowski, Christian Ringo, Kennard Backman)
    Have to wonder what some of those 6th and 7th round decisions are based on. There's not much between them and the UDFAs, so I tend to think they pick guys who they feel have the best chance of being drafted by someone else. Which makes Ripkowski an odd pickup, who else was going to take an FB, why not guarantee you can get someone else into camp and bring him in as a UDFA?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Some of those decisions could be made based on info from those phone conversations. If a player reports he's had other calls, might move him up the list to be drafted rather than UDFA.

4 fullbacks (including Ripkowski) were drafted. From Crockett's comments it sounds like GB picked Ringo over him.
    TT needs to sign a fullback named Tubbs so we can have a Miami Vice backfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Give that man a cigar! The mystery player is Ryan Shazier. Could Dantzler be a poor man's Shazier? Hey, I know some of Shazier's numbers dwarf Dantzler's, but Shazier was also a top 20 pick in the draft. That being said, some of the numbers are similar enough to draw some comparison. IF (put that in big red letters) Dantzler can make it through training camp and and make an good impression, and should he be able to make the team and contribute, then you gotta give it up to TT and the scouting dept.
    Those numbers aren't really that close to Shazier. In fact, he's a poor man's Jake Ryan. They are almost identical to Ryan--except Ryan tested much better in the short shuttle and a bit better in the 3-cone. And Ryan attained his numbers at the Combine--which tend to be more reliable than Pro Day numbers.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson