VERIFIED 40 TIME 4.65
    NFL TEAM Green Bay
    COLLEGE Michigan
    HS St. Ignatius HS
    HOME Cleveland, OH

SCOUT RANK 186
    POSITION RANK 12

BIO

Ryan has started 41-of-46 games at Michigan – 29 at strong-side outside linebacker and his final twelve appearances at middle linebacker…Recorded 267 tackles (166 solos), 9.5 sacks for minus 58 yards, 45.5 stops for losses of 168 yards and nine quarterback pressures…Recovered one fumble, causing seven others, as he also deflected six passes and gained two yards on his only interception return. NCAA Career-Record Results…Among active NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision players, Ryan ranks 48th with 267 total tackles and 36th with 166 solo hits…His 45.5 stops-for-loss is third-best within the group and he placed 14th with five forced fumbles. School Career-Record Results…Ryan ranks sixth in school history with 45.5 stops behind the line of scrimmage, topped by Mark Messner (70.0; 1985-88), Brandon Graham (56.0; 2006-09), LaMarr Woodley (52.5; 2003-06), Curtis Greer (48.0; 1976-79) and Victor Hobson (47.0; 1999-2002)…His tackle-for-lost yardage of 168 tied Ron Simpkins (1976-79) for 12th in Michigan annals…Placed tenth in school history by recording at least ten tackles in ten of his appearances…His seven forced fumbles rank second in Wolverines history. School Season-Record Results…Ryan’s sixteen tackles behind the line of scrimmage as a sophomore tied Henry Hill (1968), Trent Zenkewicz (1994), David Bowens (1996), James Hall (1998), LaMarr Woodley (both in 2004 and 2005) and David Harris (2006) for 13th on the school annual record list…Recorded at least ten tackles in seven games during the 2014 season, ranking seventh on the U-M chart.
    Last edited by pbmax; 05-02-2015 at 05:54 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Now when do we pick up Long Duck Dong?

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Now when do we pick up Long Duck Dong?
    Lake heh-heh BIG LAKE

Meanwhile on the outskirts of town...

Supposedly he's got instincts. I didn't see that. What about you guys? I saw another assignment sure Hawk, maybe a hair faster.

CBS NFL Draft Scout (had him under OLBs)
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...7498/jake-ryan

Code:
    COMBINE RESULTS
    40 YD	20 YD	10 YD	BENCH	VERT	BROAD	SS	3-C-D
    4.65	2.71	1.62	20	34 1/2	10'0"	4.20	7.11
    STRENGTHS: Good-sized frame for the position with adequate length. Terrific play speed with a motor that is always revving - high effort player. Finds the quickest route from A-to-B with excellent pursuit skills, seeing plays develop before it happens with read/react awareness. Anticipates well as a run defender to blow up run lanes and blocks, sacrificing himself for the greater good. Sets the edge and understands field leverage with NFL take-on strength to give blockers a handful at the point of attack. Processes information quickly with decisive movements to cover a large area. High football intelligence and an assignment sound player. Good timing as a blitzer, doing a nice job playing on the other side of the line of scrimmage. Top-shelf competitor and often has the dirtiest jersey on the field.

Highly confident and marches to the beat of his own drum. Strong football resume with 41 starts, 267 total tackles and 45.5 tackles for loss over his career - extensive special teams experience and versatility inside and outside.

Football bloodlines: father (WR, Wake Forest), grandfather (DT, Xavier), older brother (WR, Ball State) and younger brother (LB, Ball State).

WEAKNESSES: Tight hips and lacks the body fluidity to consistently hold up one-on-one in coverage. Not a twitchy player with limitations moving laterally. One-speed type and doesn't offer much burst. Needs to do a better job anticipating blocks to avoid bodies, work off contact and stay off the ground. Struggles to keep himself clean and work through the garbage. Inconsistent vision and lacks the make-up speed to compensate. Will overpursue angles at times and arrive too early, forcing some break down issues. Tore the ACL in his right knee that required surgery (March 2013), missing half of his junior season while working his way back from the injury.

--Dane Brugler

PLAYER OVERVIEW

A two-year captain and the 2014 Michigan team MVP, Ryan is a self-made prospect who eats, drinks and breathes football and while he has some athletic limitations, he is the type of player who will make his coach smile and cry when describing how important he is to the team. After a standout sophomore season, Ryan battled through an injury-plagued junior year and looked lost at times when he moved inside as a senior. He has a great feel for the game with natural instincts to close on the action, but the farther from the ball, the less comfortable he feels. Ryan competes with an overachieving attitude and is the type of player who will outplay his draft slot - projects best on the outside where he can blitz, leverage the field and use his strengths.

Ryan received only MAC scholarship offers until an on-campus visit to Michigan prompted an offer from Rich Rodriguez, which Ryan accepted quickly. After redshirting in 2010, he earned the starting nod at strongside linebacker in 2011, finishing among the team leaders with 11.0 tackles for loss. Ryan emerged as a defensive playmaker in 2012 as a sophomore, leading the Wolverines in tackles (88), tackles for loss (16.0), sacks (4.5) and forced fumbles (4), earning All-Big Ten Honorable Mention honors. He missed half of the 2013 season with a knee injury, but returned healthy in 2014 as a senior and moved inside to middle linebacker, finishing with a career-best 112 total tackles, earning First Team All-Big Ten honors.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Supposedly he's got instincts. I didn't see that. What about you guys? I saw another assignment sure Hawk, maybe a hair faster.
    Depends on the year. in 2012, I would have bet he'd be a first rounder. I am holding out hope that 1) injury and 2) disintegrating defense served to confuse and demoralize him somewhat. Now is the time to recover!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Well, if anyone can straighten him out, Winston Moss can.

Blog Entries
    Yeah I want to see it but I just can't. You can see reliability and some aggressiveness but no burst. Hopefully ayn is right and he needed a year to fully recover. That's been known to happen with major knees. Plus the fact that he looks like Hawk doesn't help the situation.

Injury and position change, I like this kids game. I remember watching him play vs Virginia Tech a few years ago in a bowl game and kid was just all over the place.

Fingers crossed.
    C.H.U.D.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    A lot of guys never recover from the mental part of a bad injury. I can see how it'd be hard to go back to the reckless self-sacrificing style that makes a guy special. Its good that he's got some kind of upside, but I think this is just a pro-ready guy to replace 2013 Hawk now that 2014 Hawk is no longer up to that task. I don't think they are looking to turn a weakness into a strength here, just to put a guy in the middle of the defense who has a contagious attitude and can be trusted to not lose the game by himself. If he turns out to be a thorn, great. If not, oh well. We're no worse off than we were.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I've figured out who he reminds me of: Stewart Bradley.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Injury and position change, I like this kids game. I remember watching him play vs Virginia Tech a few years ago in a bowl game and kid was just all over the place.
    Yeah that was his great 2012 season. 4 TFL and a sack in that game.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I hope so...

Agree with those saying he reminds of Hawk. Not overly exciting, but seems OK for a 4th round guy.

Since he's not a top 5 pick, maybe people won't flame the kid. If he plays as well as Hawk, you'd hope he'll get better in Year 2.
    Hey, they needed somebody at ILB.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Since he's not a top 5 pick, maybe people won't flame the kid. If he plays as well as Hawk, you'd hope he'll get better in Year 2.
    Hey, they needed somebody at ILB.
    See, if he plays as well as Hawk then: WHAT A STEAL!! GREAT VALUE!!

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    See, if he plays as well as Hawk then: WHAT A STEAL!! GREAT VALUE!!
    Value.

Value!!!!