Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
Hubbard is a guy I have been wondering about. I have not seen or heard a word about him since he was signed to the PS last year. He stayed there the entire year while others came and went quite regularly, so clearly the team stayed positive on his potential. It sure would be nice if he was the surprise of camp this year.

You have a lot of DBs on your list. With Matthews' injury history, Pepper's age and the situation with Neall and Perry both being in the final years of their contracts and therefore free agents next year, I think they will keep more than just Hubbard behind them. At least one (maybe two) of Mulumba, Elliott and a surprise rookie free agent will make it, and one or two less DBs from your list.

I keep bouncing back and forth on Kuhn and Ripkowski. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep both, nor will I be surprised if Kuhn is let go. On the other hand, with so few teams using the limited FB types that the Packers still do, Ripkowski could probably stay safely on the PS for a year. If another team wants a FB, there will be good veterans and/or rookies more highly rated than Ripkowski available to them. Assuming he shows value in TC, Ripkowski might be a guy they can work with by paying him more on the PS and/or making a counteroffer if another team comes calling. He has to see GB as a golden opportunity, a contender who still uses a blocking FB extensively, with only a veteran on his last legs in front of him.
Opps I listed Micah Hyde twice on that list of DBs...6 CBs and 4 safeties same number we had last season.

Blake likely won't make it but I like his game and will be rooting for him.