Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
Not 6th round pick Kennard Backman whos knock coming out was his lack of blocking. Like I've been saying the whole time I think Backman and Rip will be battling for a roster spot and I believe Rip will make it over him because of his blocking and special teams value. Similar to Bostick early on I see Backman being sent to the PS his first season until he improves his blocking. Kuhn will remain the starting FB while Rip plays a role similar as Ryan Taylor...don't know what is so hard to understand about that haha.

Rodgers, Ouarless, and Perillo only TEs I see making the roster so that 4th spot that use to belong to Bostick will be taken by Rip. Instead of having 4 TEs and 1 FB it will be 3 TEs and 2 FBs. You could see Rip blocking from the TE spot in jumbo packages on goal line packages with Kuhn at FB.
Not hard to understand, just don't agree. A FB forced into playing TE might as well be put on the PS, too. DB and LB have undergone change this off season. It might be useful to keep an extra one or two of those until their roles settle down. Especially at LB where Peppers is getting to an age you wonder about, and Neal and Perry are operating on the final years of their contracts. It's probably more important to deepen the reserves there than at FB. WR and RB could be deep in talent. We have had histories of injuries at those positions, so keeping an extra in those groups might be more beneficial than a fullback playing TE. Not sure they need a 4th TE anyway