Pennel
    Thornton
    Mulumba
    Hubbard
    Thomas
    Glover-Wright
    Banjo

Special Teams - Locks - Goode, Masthay, Crosby

Looks good. I couldn't venture a guess right now... isn't Harris a Viking now though?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    Looks good. I couldn't venture a guess right now... isn't Harris a Viking now though?
    Alonzo Harris the UDFA Ragin Cajun running back extraordinaire - so extraordinary that 32 teams passed on him 7 times...and a few more teams more than that.

I am hoping one of the crop of UDFA RB's shines though... Harris is my early blindfolded dart toss.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Alonzo Harris the UDFA Ragin Cajun running back extraordinaire - so extraordinary that 32 teams passed on him 7 times...and a few more teams more than that.

I am hoping one of the crop of UDFA RB's shines though... Harris is my early blindfolded dart toss.
    Oh, derrrr.... sounds good to me. As long as you have Dantzler on there. I'm fully waving his flag. lol

Here's what I have. I have the last spot coming down between Backman, Perillo, Mulumba, and Banjo. There will be surprises, of course, but this is how I have it now. Good squad.

QB Aaron Rodgers
    QB Scott Tolzien
    QB Brett Hundley

RB Eddie Lacy
    RB James Starks
    RB Rajion Neal
    FB John Kuhn
    FB Aaron Ripkowski

WR Jordy Nelson
    WR Randall Cobb
    WR Davante Adams
    WR Ty Montgomery
    WR Jeff Janis
    WR Jared Abbrederis

TE Richard Rodgers
    TE Andrew Quarless
    TE Kennard Backman

OT Bryan Bulaga
    OT David Bakhtiari
    OT Don Barclay
    OG Josh Sitton
    OG T.J. Lang
    OG Lane Taylor
    OC Corey Linsley
    OC J.C. Tretter

DL Mike Daniels
    DL B.J. Raji
    DL Datone Jones
    DL Letroy Guion
    DL Josh Boyd
    DL Mike Pennel

OLB Clay Matthews
    OLB Julius Peppers
    OLB Nick Perry
    OLB Mike Neal
    OLB Jayrone Elliott

ILB Sam Barrington
    ILB Jake Ryan
    ILB Carl Bradford
    ILB Joe Thomas

CB Sam Shields
    CB Casey Hayward
    CB Micah Hyde
    CB Damarious Randall
    CB Quentin Rollins
    CB Demetri Goodson

SS Morgan Burnett
    SS Sean Richardson
    FS Hasean Clinton-Dix
    FS Chris Banjo

K Mason Crosby
    P Tim Masthay
    LS Brett Goode
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Blog Entries
    I like the Joe Thomas pick. They need some range at ILB and he's a good bet to bring that I'd say.

Backman could have a hard time supplanting Perillo because of special teams and fundamentals like blocking and just knowing the offense. We don't really know how long it will take Backman to learn where to line up much less make the right protection and route adjustments.

Guys who have a year in the program definitely have a distinct advantage over the rooks with the systems Capers and McCarthy run.

I'm looking forward to seeing Abbrederis compete this year. His slight build and pedestrian speed, combined with the presence of Montgomery now who supplants him in the slot, make me want to replace him with a burner who can bring a different dimension. But I think he could make it tough to let him go.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Here's what I have. I have the last spot coming down between Backman, Perillo, Mulumba, and Banjo. There will be surprises, of course, but this is how I have it now. Good squad.
    Love that squad. Clay will play some ILB there, so with the exception of the unproven boundary CB opposite Sheilds, that roster is loaded with talent and experience. Among Hayward, Randall, Rollins, and Goodson, I think there's depth of talent there, if not experience.

Obviously can't count on it, but Bradford could very well make the jump inside. He has the passion, toughness and instincts if not the measurables.

Then I think there's a wealth of upside potential dropping to the practice squad.

APRH, strongest and deepest squad in the Thompson/McCarthy era top to bottom.

Drink up boys.

IMO, they kept Driver a year longer than they probably should have. Will they end up doing the same thing with Kuhn?

I have a feeling Perillo will stick. He was a long shot from the beginning, but made it through last year and should have progressed quite a lot.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I have a feeling Perillo will stick. He was a long shot from the beginning, but made it through last year and should have progressed quite a lot.
    Me too. I wouldn't be surprised if Quarless ends up being a surprise cut. It looks like it will be hard to keep four TEs this year. I was driving the Perillo bandwagon last year.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Will look more like...

QB Aaron Rodgers
    QB Scott Tolzien
    QB Brett Hundley

RB Eddie Lacy
    RB James Starks
    RB Rajion Neal
    FB John Kuhn
    FB Aaron Ripkowski

WR Jordy Nelson
    WR Randall Cobb
    WR Davante Adams
    WR Ty Montgomery
    WR Jeff Janis

TE Richard Rodgers
    TE Andrew Quarless
    TE Justin Perillo

OT Bryan Bulaga
    OT David Bakhtiari
    OT Don Barclay
    OG Josh Sitton
    OG T.J. Lang
    OG Lane Taylor
    OC Corey Linsley
    OC J.C. Tretter

DL Mike Daniels
    DL B.J. Raji
    DL Datone Jones
    DL Josh Boyd
    DL Letroy Guion
    DL Christian Ringo

OLB Clay Matthews
    OLB Julius Peppers
    OLB Nick Perry
    OLB Mike Neal
    OLB Adrian Hubbard

ILB Sam Barrington
    ILB Jake Ryan
    ILB Carl Bradford
    ILB Joe Thomas

DB Sam Shields
    DB Casey Hayward
    DB Micah Hyde
    DB Damarious Randall
    DB Quentin Rollins
    DB Bernard Blake
    DB Ladarius Gunter
    DB Micah Hyde
    DB Morgan Burnett
    DB Sean Richardson
    DB Hasean Clinton-Dix

K Mason Crosby
    P Tim Masthay
    LS Brett Goode

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Love that squad. Clay will play some ILB there, so with the exception of the unproven boundary CB opposite Sheilds, that roster is loaded with talent and experience. Among Hayward, Randall, Rollins, and Goodson, I think there's depth of talent there, if not experience.

Obviously can't count on it, but Bradford could very well make the jump inside. He has the passion, toughness and instincts if not the measurables.

Then I think there's a wealth of upside potential dropping to the practice squad.

APRH, strongest and deepest squad in the Thompson/McCarthy era top to bottom.

Drink up boys.
    Kool Aide or bourbon?

Everyone putting Janis on their list - wouldn't be so sure about that. He couldn't get on the field last year for some reason, I suspect the lightbulb better go on for him sooner rather than later if he's going to make the team.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Blog Entries
    Everyone putting Janis on their list - wouldn't be so sure about that. He couldn't get on the field last year for some reason, I suspect the lightbulb better go on for him sooner rather than later if he's going to make the team.
    Abbrederis was a better route runner..and football player. Hope he makes it but he'll be the popular guy to leave off the list....white wr coming off an injury vs. the raw guy who is faster but can't run routes nearly as well
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Assuming key players remain healthy, this is a super bowl roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Will look more like...

OLB Clay Matthews
    OLB Julius Peppers
    OLB Nick Perry
    OLB Mike Neal
    OLB Adrian Hubbard

DB Sam Shields
    DB Casey Hayward
    DB Micah Hyde
    DB Damarious Randall
    DB Quentin Rollins
    DB Bernard Blake
    DB Ladarius Gunter
    DB Micah Hyde
    DB Morgan Burnett
    DB Sean Richardson
    DB Hasean Clinton-Dix
    Hubbard is a guy I have been wondering about. I have not seen or heard a word about him since he was signed to the PS last year. He stayed there the entire year while others came and went quite regularly, so clearly the team stayed positive on his potential. It sure would be nice if he was the surprise of camp this year.

You have a lot of DBs on your list. With Matthews' injury history, Pepper's age and the situation with Neall and Perry both being in the final years of their contracts and therefore free agents next year, I think they will keep more than just Hubbard behind them. At least one (maybe two) of Mulumba, Elliott and a surprise rookie free agent will make it, and one or two less DBs from your list.

I keep bouncing back and forth on Kuhn and Ripkowski. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep both, nor will I be surprised if Kuhn is let go. On the other hand, with so few teams using the limited FB types that the Packers still do, Ripkowski could probably stay safely on the PS for a year. If another team wants a FB, there will be good veterans and/or rookies more highly rated than Ripkowski available to them. Assuming he shows value in TC, Ripkowski might be a guy they can work with by paying him more on the PS and/or making a counteroffer if another team comes calling. He has to see GB as a golden opportunity, a contender who still uses a blocking FB extensively, with only a veteran on his last legs in front of him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Kool Aide or bourbon?
    I'm about to head to the Dominican for a week so I'm thinking rum punch. Straight-up Kool Aide until then though!

Hmm. interesting that no one has Thornton on the 53. I know he didn't look good last year - in fact, I think everyone questioned what TT saw in him to warrant a 3rd round pick. However, remember, Josh Boyd looked like crap too his first year.

It'll be interesting to see how Thornton does this year.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Kool Aide or bourbon?

Yes.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Everyone putting Janis on their list - wouldn't be so sure about that. He couldn't get on the field last year for some reason, I suspect the light bulb better go on for him sooner rather than later if he's going to make the team.
    Boykin only had 3 catches himself last season for us. We ran the ball more so we didn't see as many 4 or 5 WR sets. Hes still one of the best athletes on the team and can play both sides on special teams. I would much rather keep him then a injury prone Abby coming off an ACL tear who also has a history with concussions.