Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Grade the NFC North Drafts

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    GREAT DRAFT IMO
    Well that doesn't bode well for the Vikes. Sorry Ras.

Lol I forgot about Bretsky's draft juju...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Lol I forgot about Bretsky's draft juju...
    Oh where oh where is Odell Thurman ??? He may be still be out best ILB besides Clay
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    You say that every year. I think you might be right this year, but interesting note on Waynes on ESPN's 10 potential first round busts:

There are some fans here that have been trumpeting that also. Plus he holds like Ahmad Carroll according to the stories. That said, I have to trust Zimmer as he really has done wonders with corners in his career. The dude has the tools. Rhodes had a really nice year under Zimmer and I expect Waynes will do ok.

Oh Ahmad Carroll. Even when he could get an interception, he would stumble while running unopposed to the endzone and cost us a decisive defensive TD... Still feel bad for that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Well that doesn't bode well for the Vikes. Sorry Ras.

Yikes - true dat.

Bears might need this draft to be good. As well as the next few ...

Football Perspective ‏@fbgchase 4m4 minutes ago
    What's really scary is situation in Chicago, where Bears are both bad and old. Offense and Defense in bottom 8 in age http://www.footballperspective.com/2...sted-team-age/

Average Value is a measure of a player's effectiveness measured by both individual and some team stats. Its just a approximation, but its not a bad stand in for age evaluation since total roster age can be misleading and even starters' age might mask vulnerability at key positions.

Packers are ranked sixth youngest.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

What's really scary is situation in Chicago, where Bears are both bad and old. Offense and Defense in bottom 8 in age http://www.footballperspective.com/2...sted-team-age/

Average Value is a measure of a player's effectiveness measured by both individual and some team stats. Its just a approximation, but its not a bad stand in for age evaluation since total roster age can be misleading and even starters' age might mask vulnerability at key positions.

Yet writers around the country will undoubtedly trumpet that the Lions or Vikings will take down the Packers this year because the Pack is getting old. This perception comes from those writers confusing the winning of your division (or at least getting into the playoffs) several years in a row and the veteran-ness of your team - conflating the two.

It happened in the Detroit papers last year, or at least the talking heads spewing that the Pack was getting old and the Lions would take them down - even though the Lions' average age was way older than the Packers'.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

that means the packers are getting old.

what happened to the good old days when we were the youngest team every year?

i'm sure peppers messes up the whole average almost by himself

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    that means the packers are getting old.

what happened to the good old days when we were the youngest team every year?

i'm sure peppers messes up the whole average almost by himself
    Ranking by the player's Average Value means a lot of the young vets on second contracts count more (Rodgers, Matthews, Burnett, Peppers, Sitton, Lang).
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero 15h15 hours ago

Matt Kalil had both knees scoped plus injections designed to treat joint pain as he tries to regain Pro Bowl form. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...sota/70918658/

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero 15h15 hours ago

Matt Kalil had both knees scoped plus injections designed to treat joint pain as he tries to regain Pro Bowl form. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...sota/70918658/

Now we know why they drafted three OTs......