Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: La'El Collins to the Cowboys

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I don't see this as an issue at all. Any team could have used a low round draft pick to secure his rights if they wanted. Player have issued threats for as long as I can remember. Only a very few ever followed through on them, and if he did, so what? A 6th or 7th round pick is not a lot to "waste".
    Agree. Any team had the same opportunity to sign him post-draft as well. It's one thing to cheat the rules but in this case the Cowboys took advantage of a unique opportunity, completely within the rules, which all teams had.

We'll see how it works out. Obviously signing him as a free agent pretty much comes with little/no risk but it's not as if Collins is a sure-fire hall-of-famer. Notwithstanding the mystery surrounding his pregnant ex-girlfriend's death, there are questions about his effectiveness in pass pro to the extent many project him inside. His dedication and work ethic have also been questioned by his coaches at LSU.

That is a great sign. If TT trusts the coaches who put up such signs, I wonder if he simply crosses those names off his list of draft-eligible players?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I think that sign is a function of the risks LSU takes when it recruits.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Good point.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack