Thread: Why would any undrafted rookie not come to GB?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    We must be one of the few teams that actually give these UDFAs a legit shot at actually making the roster. Sam Shields is a prime example.

Another thread had a link to an article about the rookie weekend - which is actually for rookies, UDFA, 1st year players and tryout players. Does anyone know if a player from the last group has ever made the team?

dammit, can't find the link. I was surprised at the number of tryout players, I guess they bring in a lot of warm bodies. How does that work? Do the Packers pay their transport and motel rooms for the week-end?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Another thread had a link to an article about the rookie weekend - which is actually for rookies, UDFA, 1st year players and tryout players. Does anyone know if a player from the last group has ever made the team?
    Luther Robinson last year. Came in as a tryout player at the rookie orientation camp, was signed after it, released at the end of camp but signed to PS squad, and ultimately signed to the 53 man roster mid-season.

I think there have been others.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post

dammit, can't find the link. I was surprised at the number of tryout players, I guess they bring in a lot of warm bodies. How does that work? Do the Packers pay their transport and motel rooms for the week-end?
    GBPG listed three:

Boykin (although the tryout was after being cut by Jacksonville)
    Luther Robinson
    And one more I can't remember

Levine was a tryout player who got onto the practice squad then went and played real games with another team.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.