Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Adams Ready for Second Year Jump Says Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Maybe so, but he couldn't even get active ahead of Boykin. Maybe he was marginally better than Boykin, but the excuse that he was only left out because "there was no reason to change it," rings hollow. The "reason" should have been that he was clearly the better option. That is why I am tempering my expectations.
    I'm not expecting him to be anything more than Boykin. He certainly wasn't going to unseat Adams for #3 WR, last year, nor will he this year.

I think the point was they had a rotation that didn't include Boykin or any 4th WR much at all, and that is what was working that they were unwilling to change just to give Janis some playing time. They were comfortable with Boykin in his role on STs, so again, no reason to change.

What would have been interesting is if Nelson, Cobb or Adams had missed games late in the year. Would it have been Boykin or Janis moving into the 3rd WR role?

This year he is fighting for the #5 spot, which absent injuries will likely be inactive a good part of the time. I expect Montgomery to get the #4 spot by default because he will be returning kicks.

Janis will be on the team somewhere. They aren't going to give up the measurables in Year 2 unless he goes backwards. Or unless he tackles Rodgers, punches a coach, dates his daughter, falls down and loses a leg,
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Janis will be on the team somewhere. They aren't going to give up the measurables in Year 2 unless he goes backwards. Or unless he tackles Rodgers, punches a coach, dates his daughter, falls down and loses a leg,
    Ah, coach punching. The downfall of many a rising star.

Speaking of someone with an apparent history of it, Barbre's doing pretty well in Philly, but how long will it be, really, before he clock Chip one?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

I sing with the chorus here.

It probably took Janis all of his first season to learn how to use his practice reps.

Now he's got to learn how to play in a regular season game.
    Keep whistlin' Dixie, KY, I've a feeling it'll be just as useful. Don't know why I'm so pessimistic about this guy, but I am. Maybe it's because everybody wants him to succeed so badly that I just shake my head at how far he has to go to even make the team, with probably only one WR spot up for grabs (assuming Montgomery doesn't pull a Corey Rodgers).
    Pure, 100% camp hope, with a shot of Kool-aide on the side.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    The beauty of a guy like Janis is that he can do a lot of damage with just a handful of snaps per game. That's the kind of guy you love coming off the bench.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Ah, coach punching. The downfall of many a rising star.

Speaking of someone with an apparent history of it, Barbre's doing pretty well in Philly, but how long will it be, really, before he clock Chip one?
    Barbre had a history doing this? First I heard of it. Tell us the particulars.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Barbre had a history doing this? First I heard of it. Tell us the particulars.
    There were rumors to that effect on PR during Barbre's time with the team.

Nobody really knows if it's true or just a PR "sea story", but it's cool so everybody keeps it goin'.

Nobody really knows if it's true or just a PR "sea story", but it's cool so everybody keeps it goin'.
    Yup, you gotta mention that, touch on something about Odell Thurman and throw in a little Taco Wallace love to maintain your status around here!
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I'm not expecting him to be anything more than Boykin. He certainly wasn't going to unseat Adams for #3 WR, last year, nor will he this year.

I think the point was they had a rotation that didn't include Boykin or any 4th WR much at all, and that is what was working that they were unwilling to change just to give Janis some playing time. They were comfortable with Boykin in his role on STs, so again, no reason to change.

What would have been interesting is if Nelson, Cobb or Adams had missed games late in the year. Would it have been Boykin or Janis moving into the 3rd WR role?

This year he is fighting for the #5 spot, which absent injuries will likely be inactive a good part of the time. I expect Montgomery to get the #4 spot by default because he will be returning kicks.
    Sorry, I must have misunderstood the intent when you quoted my original post saying it will be a big jump just to get him some catches. Yes, expecting him to maybe get a few catches like Boykin did last year is more realistic.

Wasn't that a totally fabricated story, from someone's comment that "he must have it a coach or something"? Others started goofing with it to the point that years later people remember it as maybe true.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Wasn't that a totally fabricated story, from someone's comment that "he must have it a coach or something"? Others started goofing with it to the point that years later people remember it as maybe true.
    Yup, that pretty much sums it up. Was 2008 or 2009 season I think, the cupboard was pretty bare at guard Colledge and Moll and a Tauscher limping onto the field at RT. Barbre had been around for a few seasons but he was not seeing the field.

When someone here asked why, the response (wish I knew who said it?? I want to say Bresky, or maybe Skin?) was that he heard he'd punched a coach.
    --

But seriously, Chris Jacke was dating a daughter of Mike Holmgren.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    But seriously, Chris Jacke was dating a daughter of Mike Holmgren.
    Was her nickname 'The Walrus' too? Cause if so, she'd likely have been happy for any date she got.
    --