Thread: QBs Under Pressure

QBs Under Pressure

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

What makes this play even better - and wasn't even considered in the link - was Aaron was basically playing on one good leg in that game and others late in the season.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quarless was open for a much easier throw it looks like.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    He improvised his route when ARod scrambled. Richard Rodgers was where his route was supposed to be so ARod looked for him first. Hell, it's a TD and that's all that matters.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Quarless looked to be more open, but I'm not sure it would have been an easier throw to make. The throw to RR was right in front of AR, as AR was moving with momentum almost straight in the direction of the throw. Quarless was well outside, which would have required AR throw across his body, or rotate more, against his momentum at the time. It would have been more difficult getting a lot into that throw, and a weak or inaccurate throw might have let the defender cut underneath and get to the ball

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Quarless looked to be more open, but I'm not sure it would have been an easier throw to make. The throw to RR was right in front of AR, as AR was moving with momentum almost straight in the direction of the throw. Quarless was well outside, which would have required AR throw across his body, or rotate more, against his momentum at the time. It would have been more difficult getting a lot into that throw, and a weak or inaccurate throw might have let the defender cut underneath and get to the ball
    oh boy
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quarless would have dropped it anyway
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Im not complaining about the result that is for sure! Sorry I am surprised that Quarless actually was using his head and broke his route off properly.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Hell of a throw/catch. Threading the needle for sure. He had some options but he chose right
    C.H.U.D.

Pro Football Focus - best QBs under pressure.

You'd think The Crapper would've been higher on that list.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack