Thread: Backlash Begins: Is Davante Adams The New Boykin?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Well if it's one position they scout and draft well for - it's the WR position.

They suck at just about all defensive positions, but they have a handle on scouting WR's.
    They seem to have gotten an idea for what they want at OL, too. They stumbled around in TT's early years drafting guys like Coston, Barbre, Moll, etc; and even Colledge and Spitz who were clearly nothing special at all. In recent years, Sherrod sticks out for the wrong reasons, but they were very solid with Sitton, Lang, Bulaga, Bakhtiari, Linsley and I think Tretter if he is allowed to play at center where he was intended for. I think all are better than anyone in TT's first three drafts.

It's funny that a guy would played defense, like TT, isn't better at finding defensive talent than he has been. Has he actually been pushing the "need" button and reaching for guys on defense? Not even at his position, linebacker. He has drafted 16 of them so far and has brought in many more free agents.. A few have been serviceable, but only Matthews stands out. Not a very good track record.
    Last edited by Patler; 06-20-2015 at 04:34 PM.