Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Several Players (Including Datone Jones) Suspended for Violating Substance Abuse Policy

Several Players (Including Datone Jones) Suspended for Violating Substance Abuse Policy

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2h2 hours ago
    Jets DT Sheldon Richardson suspended without pay for the first 4 games of 2015 for violating NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h1 hour ago
    #Cowboys LB Rolando McClain suspended without pay for first 4 games of 2015 for violating @NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5m5 minutes ago
    #Packers DE Datone Jones suspended without pay for the 1st game of 2015 for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
    #Chargers TE Antonio Gates was suspended 4 games for violating the @NfL’s PED policy

Based on what I'm reading both Richardson and McClain tested positive for marijuana.

Silverstein is hypothesizing that Jones may have missed a test as opposed to testing positive.

1 game vs 4 for the rest. Was that a typo, or is there some particular reason.

How long before the 'adderol for ADHD' shows up for these players, regardless of what they actually took or why.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Nice work Datone.

Everywhere has reported just one game for Jones. I don't recall ever hearing of a one game suspension for that, it's always 4 games. Leads me to believe Jones issue must have been some minor violation of the procedures, but not an actual failed test. It will be interesting to hear more about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Based on what I'm reading both Richardson and McClain tested positive for marijuana.

Silverstein is hypothesizing that Jones may have missed a test as opposed to testing positive.
    But Silverstein also wrote this:

The last two cases in which a player was suspended for one game for violating the substance abuse program were marijuana-related. Then-free agent RB Ahmad Bradshaw was suspended one game in June 22 after being arrested on a marijuana possession charge for which he pled not guilty and Buffalo DT Marcel Dareus received one game on May 22 after being accused of being in possession of synthetic marijuana.

Datone was probably caught at the Grateful Dead's final shows and was guilty by association.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Datone was probably caught at the Grateful Dead's final shows and was guilty by association.
    Brilliant! Repped.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

From PFT: (Seems like a large portion of NFL players in general love them some weed)

"According to Jason Wilde of ESPNWisconsin.com, Jones was cited for marijuana possession in Green Bay on January 19, one day after the Packers lost the NFC title game in Seattle.

The following month, Jones paid an $880 fine to dismiss the charge. It now gets a lot more expensive, due to the suspension."

edit: This does seem pretty lame. Good ole NFL but rules is rules in their minds.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    "According to Jason Wilde of ESPNWisconsin.com, Jones was cited for marijuana possession in Green Bay on January 19, one day after the Packers lost the NFC title game in Seattle.
    you'd think there would be a grace period after a loss like that
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I doubt he was the only one self-medicating.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Antonio Gates fesses up:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ng-ped-policy/

“In my 12 years in the NFL, I have taken tremendous pride in upholding the integrity of the NFL shield and all that it entails,” Gates said. “I have taken extreme care of my body with a holistic approach and never taken any substance that was illegal or banned by the NFL. In an effort to recover from a long season and although I was unaware at the time, I regret to confirm that I tested positive for a substance that is currently on the NFL banned substance list.

“As an NFL veteran and team leader, I should have done my due diligence to ensure that what I was taking for recovery was within the NFL guidelines. I have always believed that ignorance is no excuse when it comes to these issues, and I take full responsibility for my actions.”

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    That's how a man accepts responsibility. Unlike the Viking players and starcaps.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    That's how a man accepts responsibility. Unlike the Viking players and starcaps.
    Unlike anyone else in the NFL: "Hey, it was adderall. I have ADD."
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Well, maybe. Or then again, maybe it's a half-acceptance by someone who knowingly took PEDs.

Perhaps Datone was simply using the marijuana as a form of medication. He was probably just using it strictly for medical purposes.

Another misunderstood young Packer.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Visitors to WI often bring home cheese.
    Visitors to Maine often bring home lobsters.
    Visitors to Kentucky often bring home bourbon.

It was the day after their trip to Seattle.
    Is it so wrong that a visitor to Washington (or Colorado) brings home a local consumable?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Visitors to WI often bring home cheese.
    Visitors to Maine often bring home lobsters.
    Visitors to Kentucky often bring home bourbon.

It was the day after their trip to Seattle.
    Is it so wrong that a visitor to Washington (or Colorado) brings home a local consumable?
    On your next trip to KY, get some "Angel's Envy"
    Buy the big bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    On your next trip to KY, get some "Angel's Envy"
    Buy the big bottle.
    I was just given a bottle of I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight (technically from TN, apparently) and small bottles of "Four Roses", "Brown Sugar", "Larceny" "Buffalo Trace" and "Old Forester". A relative was just there for "Bourbon Fest" or whatever they call it. They had a great time, and want us to come with them next year.