Thread: THE NFL'S MOST OVERRATED PLAYERS ON EACH TEAM

Blog Entries

THE NFL'S MOST OVERRATED PLAYERS ON EACH TEAM

LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Shields was my thought for the Packers before reading the article.

His pick for most overrated on the Seahawks is interesting............

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Shields was my thought for the Packers before reading the article.

His pick for most overrated on the Seahawks is interesting............
    Most analysts would probably agree with this. Wilson is a good QB but not elite. His legs make him more dangerous than his arm and like Prisco said - you don't get faster as you get older.

I also agree with him choosing Shields for us. Sam has his moments but he gets burned a lot too. Sam may be depending upon his speed but he won't be a burner forever either. Sam probably is overpaid.

Blog Entries
    On one hand I can see how Wilson can be overrated. On the other hand, which QB's do you undoubtedly take over him ....for one season.....for the long term ?

ONE YEAR---Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Brees, Lueck.......would there be anybody else ? You could debate Rivers and Romo .....

LONG TERM---Rodgers....Lueck.....for sure...how many years do the rest have ?

Wilson should be looking for an expensive deal; the cap's a going way up next year
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    On one hand I can see how Wilson can be overrated. On the other hand, which QB's do you undoubtedly take over him ....for one season.....for the long term ?

ONE YEAR---Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Brees, Lueck.......would there be anybody else ? You could debate Rivers and Romo .....

LONG TERM---Rodgers....Lueck.....for sure...how many years do the rest have ?

Wilson should be looking for an expensive deal; the cap's a going way up next year
    Yup, you've got that about right. Is Peyton still on the first list? I feel he's done, and I'd replace him with Roethlisberger. Based on reports (haven't seen him) might put Tannehill on both lists. Don't know where Newton, Flacco and Ryan fit, on the bubble I guess, but I might pick one or two of them over him.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Wilson needs to run a custom offense. That limits his options and could limit his deal. Unless someone fools themselves (like, say the Redskins) that he will be able to run a West Coast Offense.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Wilson is only there for clickbait purposes. No he's not elite but look at the rest of this list and its full of recent big money free agent guys who aren't playing up to their contract. Last year Wilson made half as much as the punter, Jon Ryan, or the backup QB, Tarvaris Jackson.

I'd argue he's got even more value in the short term over guys like Rodgers and Brady because in the short term he's still on rookie contract.

My nominees for most overrated on the seahawks are Russel Okung, Cliff Avril, and Cary Williams.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Wilson is only there for clickbait purposes. No he's not elite but look at the rest of this list and its full of recent big money free agent guys who aren't playing up to their contract. Last year Wilson made half as much as the punter, Jon Ryan, or the backup QB, Tarvaris Jackson.

I'd argue he's got even more value in the short term over guys like Rodgers and Brady because in the short term he's still on rookie contract.

My nominees for most overrated on the seahawks are Russel Okung, Cliff Avril, and Cary Williams.
    Agree that he's clickbait. He's ranked 40th on the QB salary list and started? That's not overrated. If he gets what he seems to be angling for, the highest paid player in the league, we can start the overpaid discussion.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Blog Entries
    Many ignore what Wilson does on his feet and holds the passing yards against him.

Who had more all purpose yards...rushing and passing combined last year...Russell Wilson or Tom Brady... ?

Wilson as a pocket passer: article that contains this nugget isn't online yet that I can find.

Doug Farrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 12h12 hours ago
    Working on a very detailed stats/tape piece on Russell Wilson that will go up tomorrow. But here's one stat for now...

Doug Farrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 12h12 hours ago
    In the pocket in 2014, Wilson had the same passer rating as Drew Brees (96.0), and higher rating than Ryan, Luck, Eli Manning & Joe Flacco.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Doug Farrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 45m45 minutes ago
    New on SI -- MythBusters: Is Russell Wilson a franchise QB? And should he be paid like one? http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/07/08/myt...tions-seahawks

Here is the article mentioned above. Doug Farrar goes over tape and passing rating for inside/outside the pocket. His conclusions:

1. Wilson is a better pocket passer than you think (see above Tweets)

2. One read criticism is WAY too broad to identify his limitations. Peyton and Phillip are basically one-read QBs in their systems now.

3. Wilson does tend to bail early, he is also behind an O line that has yielded more pressure than average to get to him,

4. There is no problem with his arm in the pocket.

5. If bailing early is a red flag for you, should understand that he excels outside the pocket, so downside is minimized.