Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Quarles Arrested After Discharging Firearm

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    So, he's charged with a misdemeanor, not a felony. The NFL could still sit him under the personal conduct policy. Any charge that involves a gun is going to get more scrutiny. It shows an extreme lack of judgement, and the whole hiding the gun doesn't bode well either. I predict the Packers will release him and be done with him, although they were patient with Guion when he technically wasn't under contract anymore (Quarless is) and they waited for the process to play out, so what might they do for one of their own? Remember how bad the Guion situation looked initially. I thought at the time there's no way he's coming back. If there is no more fallout, it's possible that they let him work it out, but, is he in their long-term plans?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I have little patience for people being irresponsible with firearms.
    I have no problem with people carrying legally, but being stupid with it irks me to no end.
    Pulling it out for any reason other than defending yourself or others is stupid.
    Actually discharging it in anything other than a life-threatening situation should subject you to very harsh penalties.

Discharging it during a "disagreement" with a group of ladies that he and a friend approached? Discharging it twice? The guy should never be allowed anywhere near a firearm again. As for his career, the NFL should suspend him. If the league doesn't, the Packers should send him down the road. Some punishment is deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    So, he's charged with a misdemeanor, not a felony. The NFL could still sit him under the personal conduct policy. Any charge that involves a gun is going to get more scrutiny. It shows an extreme lack of judgement, and the whole hiding the gun doesn't bode well either. I predict the Packers will release him and be done with him, although they were patient with Guion when he technically wasn't under contract anymore (Quarless is) and they waited for the process to play out, so what might they do for one of their own? Remember how bad the Guion situation looked initially. I thought at the time there's no way he's coming back. If there is no more fallout, it's possible that they let him work it out, but, is he in their long-term plans?
    Speaking of Guion, did he ever get his truck and money back? I know even after the charges were cleaned up, they were still holding onto both and didn't seem too keen on giving them back.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Speaking of Guion, did he ever get his truck and money back? I know even after the charges were cleaned up, they were still holding onto both and didn't seem too keen on giving them back.
    He is currently involved in whatever court action it is that helps you get your personal property back from the State when they seize it.

I think Quarless is back, but it would be easier to predict if he was caught just trying to get the ladies high rather than dancing like Yosemite Sam.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    How is he not released yet? Get this moron off the team now.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Its like shooting skeet with the Police taught him nothing about firearm use in everyday life.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    These kind of stunts are only tolerated in the territories.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    How is he not released yet? Get this moron off the team now.
    Well he did not actually hurt anyone and did not shoot at anyone, so they may be waiting to see how this plays out. TT could be checking for any relevant contract clauses before an outright cut. He hasn't shown enough to just ignore this level of stupidity slide.

Shitty off-season for the Packers. After several years of 0 arrests, 3 so far this one.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    He had a gun, shot the gun in the air and was a moron...released, I hope.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Does this mean he's not in the top echelon of TE's?

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Does this mean he's not in the top echelon of TE's?
    No, he's nowhere close to Aaron Hernandez!
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I knew there was a reason I've always referred to him as Andrew Clueless. Nice work dumb ass.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He is currently involved in whatever court action it is that helps you get your personal property back from the State when they seize it.

I think Quarless is back, but it would be easier to predict if he was caught just trying to get the ladies high rather than dancing like Yosemite Sam.

Yosemite Sam, LOL.

Get outta here you female varmints. Dag nab it.

Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com, citing two unnamed sources, reports that the Packers have no plans to release Quarless after a July 4 arrest including allegations that he fired a gun twice during a dispute with a car full of females.
    From: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...drew-quarless/

Source: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13...firearm-public

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    That is pathetic of the Packers to allow this crap. He should be released. Obviously Packer People is Bullshit.

I think they let the legal process work its way through this before they decide to cut him or not. I'm sure TT and Co. have people gathering facts first. TT isn't the type to act rashly.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    He fired a hand gun in the fucking air after an argument. Case closed bye bye.

Maybe in an attempt to to emphasize his dominance and manhood he was bragging about how buff he is and the ladies asked to showcase his guns?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    So much for the puff pieces about how he has matured, gained focus and reported in his best condition ever for OTA's.
    Hopefully, Rodgers takes a second year jump and Backman is an NFL calibre player.

This was idiotic on so many levels........

This is where you're wrong. I think this incident shows that Quarless has matured greatly. A younger, more immature Andrew Quarless would not have bothered to register the gun, and would not have simply discharged the firearm harmlessly into the air. He would have most likely shot the car itself.

The fact that he was carrying the gun legally, and that he shot in the air, points to a much more mature, thoughtful young man than the one who showed up in Green Bay so many years ago.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I think they let the legal process work its way through this before they decide to cut him or not. I'm sure TT and Co. have people gathering facts first. TT isn't the type to act rashly.
    To me, it has nothing to do with what he may or may not be guilty of; so the legal process means little. If the facts are as the articles have consistently described, that he and a friend approached a group of women, and during that encounter he discharged his weapon twice without being in imminent danger; he has proven himself to be a type of person I do not want around my team if I am the GM. I want guys who make better decisions on the fly than that. I want guys who think well in stressful situations. I want guys who understand the consequences of their emotional responses before they respond.

On the flip side, I see little harm to the roster if he is let go, so there is no strong argument for keeping him. I don't think he will be missed on the field to any great degree.