Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Quarles Arrested After Discharging Firearm

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    This is where you're wrong. I think this incident shows that Quarless has matured greatly. A younger, more immature Andrew Quarless would not have bothered to register the gun, and would not have simply discharged the firearm harmlessly into the air. He would have most likely shot the car itself.

The fact that he was carrying the gun legally, and that he shot in the air, points to a much more mature, thoughtful young man than the one who showed up in Green Bay so many years ago.
    I have to admit, I hadn't really thought of that side of it!

Lesson: Never go to Florida.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

And very little good ever occurs between midnight and five a.m.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    And very little good ever occurs between midnight and five a.m.
    You don't like doughnuts? Or bread?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

We can NOT afford to lose any more players this way. Clearly it is time to ban gun ownership for NFL players.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    We can NOT afford to lose any more players this way. Clearly it is time to ban gun ownership for NFL players.

Anyone outside of a well regulated militia actually.

Ground Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    GTFO

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Last edited by mraynrand; 07-08-2015 at 11:35 AM.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Right, being that a well regulated militia is necessary for a free NFL, we actually need more NFL players armed to ensure THEIR freedoms are protected....thats what you meant right?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Right, being that a well regulated militia is necessary for a free NFL, we actually need more NFL players armed to ensure THEIR freedoms are protected....thats what you meant right?

Whatever the framers intended is what I meant.....and the supreme court drew up their version which seemed to add a bunch of things I didn't see written so the law of the land was changed.

I don't want this thread locked so I'm out as far as that goes.

Q is indeed a moron but I doubt he's going anywhere right now. If we were gonna cut players for screwing up Guion and D. Jones would also be long gone. Now, if RickRod really shines in camp and the preseason Q's job could be in jeopardy, but not presently.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    That is pathetic of the Packers to allow this crap. He should be released. Obviously Packer People is Bullshit.
    Only fans use the term "Packer People." Unless he is charged with a violent crime he won't be released.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Lesson: Never go to Florida.
    Yes, everyone should stay away. There are too many people down here already.

Could be worse. Quarless could have tried to scare them with some fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Yes, everyone should stay away. There are too many people down here already.

Hey wait a minute, didn't you once say you were hanging out gulf side in southern Florida?

I think that's where I want to retire.

As for PACKER PEOPLE, it's used as hyperbole by both fans and management when it suits them.

Everything is governed by need and cost and risk.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Whatever the framers intended is what I meant.....and the supreme court drew up their version which seemed to add a bunch of things I didn't see written so the law of the land was changed.

I don't want this thread locked so I'm out as far as that goes.
    I dare you to start a thread in FYI where you tell us everything the framers intended on this subject, especially about militias.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Just shows how desperate we are at TE that this jackass is still on the team

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Q is indeed a moron but I doubt he's going anywhere right now. If we were gonna cut players for screwing up Guion and D. Jones would also be long gone. Now, if RickRod really shines in camp and the preseason Q's job could be in jeopardy, but not presently.
    I don't see the three as similar at all. I can easily accept Guion and Jones being kept (assuming Guion was in fact not dealing). Neither did anything to directly jeopardize others. Quarless demonstrated a particularly significant stupidity and irresponsibility, if the reports are accurate as to what happened. I have no tolerance for irresponsible use of firearms.

If they keep him, I will be quite disappointed. If they release him only after R. Rodgers wins the starting spot, I will still be disappointed in the Packers. Not surprised, but disappointed.

Verdict is in. Plea deal. He enters a no contest plea, pays $1,000, one year of probation and no verdict is entered if he stays clean and completes terms.

He needs to take an anger management class and leave the gun with the State. If he completes the class and other terms, his probation can also be reduced to six months.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...359077991.html

From his lawyer, quoted in the JS article:
    O'Donnell, Quarless' attorney, said he opposed the anger management class in court but ultimately accepted it as part of the sentence.

"We're gonna do that but not because he needs it. The case had nothing to do with anger. It was just a stupid thing," he said.
    Unfortunately there is no such thing as a "Stupidity management class". He could sure use that (sadly along with millions of others).
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!