Thread: Ken Stabler Has Passed

Ken Stabler Has Passed

Which led PFT and others to remark on the Sea of Hands play for a Raiders TD that ended the Dolphins chances at a 3rd SB in a row.

The video clip, series of 3, I recommend them all, shows just about everything you would want to know about football in the 1970s. Including the most gentle late hit you have ever seen in your life.

A fan gets into it as well. And somehow escapes.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Which led PFT and others to remark on the Sea of Hands play for a Raiders TD that ended the Dolphins chances at a 3rd SB in a row.

The video clip, series of 3, I recommend them all, shows just about everything you would want to know about football in the 1970s. Including the most gentle late hit you have ever seen in your life.

A fan gets into it as well. And somehow escapes.

]
    That was quite the forearm shiver Ramirez delivered to the fan!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Bad ass. That was my take away from the video too. That and that Stabler reminds me of Favre.
    Last edited by HowardRoark; 07-09-2015 at 10:20 PM.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

What a great game. Man....I loved those Raiders. RIP Snake...one of the all timers.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
    Bad ass. That was my take away from the video too. That and that Stabler reminds me of Favre.
    That Raider fan had a death wish. People today have no idea what bad asses those guys were.
    C.H.U.D.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
    Good call. I remember a few years after Stabler retired, he showed up announcing a game and he was white all over - looked like he was 65. My brother: "Hey, is that Kenny Rogers?"
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Manny Fernandez. Gotta keep them Spanish boys straight on this forum.

With Snake's lifestyle, it's a miracle he made it this long.

Guess the clock ran out on Kenny.

Last of the QB's who'd beat you in the last second, then close the bars that night.

All we got now is Johnny Manzel in that tradition.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Great quote from Kenny "There's nothing wrong with reading the game plan by the light of the juke box". That sums him up right there.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Well The Snake passing was celebrity #1, now Omar Sharif has passed away. Who will be unlucky #3?

Love Lawrence of Arabia but Dr. Zhivago is a depressing movie from beginning, through the still extant Intermission*, to end.

* Thought it was great they preserved the Intermission in streaming format. Gone With The Wind as well.

The Associated Press ‏@AP 27m27 minutes ago
    "Doctor Zhivago" star Omar Sharif dies of a heart attack at age 83, his longtime publicist says:
    http://apne.ws/1Hi7Fgd
    Last edited by pbmax; 07-10-2015 at 10:34 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

dp

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Well The Snake passing was celebrity #1, now Omar Sharif has passed away.
    You will not be in Aqaba, English! English!!!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

RIP, Snake.....

The worst part of the famous "flip" play is that is reminds me of this play. I am still angry about it.

Best remembrance yet. Nakedness, jail, cocaine, clogged toilet ....

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/sports/...acebook?page=0