Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jason Pierre Paul Still Has Flesh on Fingers

Jason Pierre Paul Still Has Flesh on Fingers

Jason Pierre-Paul has burns, but his fingers remain intact

According to Paul Schwartz of the New York Post, some of the flesh on the Giants defensive ends’ hand was burned off his palm and fingers, but his fingers are intact. (Sorry if you were eating breakfast while reading this.)
    Yoga and free weights will help with a full recovery.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Jason Pierre-Paul has burns, but his fingers remain intact

Yoga and free weights will help with a full recovery.

Good ole 4th of July. My wife showed me a story about a kid about 22 partying with friends in Maine and he put a firework on his head and lit it.

It did not end well.

http://fox13now.com/2015/07/05/man-s...ies-instantly/

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

too coarse?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I actually feel bad now. Seems like the guy was a good bloke. His brother thinks he was just messing around and accidently lit it. His brother said there was no rushing him to the hospital because there was nothing left.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2282157

anyway. I seem to be bored and off topic tonight.

A weather forecaster on Detroit TV, Dave Rexroth, lost an eye last year in a fireworks accident. Incredible. Really likeable guy, too.

He's become the spokesperson around here for the "don't-play-around-with-fireworks" group.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Giants have withdrawn a long term $60M offer to JPP that they had on the table. Franchise tender remains:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...son-pierrepaul

NFL radio just said he had his index finger amputated this morning.

It's not a good sign when reps from the giants are in the area and trying to see him, and he won't meet with them

According to ESPN, JPP's official combine numbers have been revised. Arm length is now 32 3/4 ".

They'll just have a special glove made for him and he'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    It's not a good sign when reps from the giants are in the area and trying to see him, and he won't meet with them
    Hard to talk when you are anesthetized and undergoing surgery.

But his prognosis is good. Dr. Mark Chao, MD Twitter says that index finger provides little of the leverage for a power grip. However, he probably gets a few less tipped balls.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I'd like to see some numbers on this but ...

David J. Chao, MD ‏@ProFootballDoc 46m46 minutes ago
    My ranking of finger importance in a defensive end:
    1) thumb
    2) ring
    3) pinkie (4th & 5th most important for power grip)
    4) middle
    5) index

CJ Wilson lost some fingers the same day. Crazy, but it could be way worse.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    CJ Wilson lost some fingers the same day. Crazy, but it could be way worse.
    Well, there was the guy that killed himself by setting them off on his head...
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

I guess it's a good thing Quarless didn't play with fireworks. How could he survive without his trigger finger?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Giants have withdrawn a long term $60M offer to JPP that they had on the table. Franchise tender remains:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...son-pierrepaul
    Plus if/when he signs the tender, the Giants can put him on the Non-football Injury list and not pay him until he recovers. Sensible way to keep his rights, but not reward blowing his finger off.

How long before JPP learns to use it to his advantage: "No ref, I wasn't flipping you the bird, I was just pointing with my middle finger since my index is gone."
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Time to bring in the experts from Cyberdyne Systems

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 1h1 hour ago
    Source says JPP won't sign franchise tender until confident he can pass physical to prevent #Giants from putting on NFI, having full control

Word was the JPP didn't like the long term offer the Giants had on the table (and pulled). That, plus having not signed the Tender, he has some leeway. But he will have to get healthy quick or his rehab becomes a holdout.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 1h1 hour ago
    Source says JPP won't sign franchise tender until confident he can pass physical to prevent #Giants from putting on NFI, having full control

Word was the JPP didn't like the long term offer the Giants had on the table (and pulled). That, plus having not signed the Tender, he has some leeway. But he will have to get healthy quick or his rehab becomes a holdout.
    Not much of true holdout since 1) he is not under contract, and 2) he can't sign a multi-year contract after a certain date anyway (July 15?). If he doesn't sign until he passes a physical, the effect is the same as being on the NFI - he can't play and isn't getting paid. He just won't attend meetings and the rehab gets done outside the team. He's in full control of not getting paid. The only thing I can think of is that he is trying to negotiate some sort of deal where he gets the Giants to agree to give him something instead of nothing when he is on the NFI list.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Not much of true holdout since 1) he is not under contract, and 2) he can't sign a multi-year contract after a certain date anyway (July 15?). If he doesn't sign until he passes a physical, the effect is the same as being on the NFI - he can't play and isn't getting paid. He just won't attend meetings and the rehab gets done outside the team. He's in full control of not getting paid. The only thing I can think of is that he is trying to negotiate some sort of deal where he gets the Giants to agree to give him something instead of nothing when he is on the NFI list.
    Yeah, I am not in favor of calling players not under contract a holdout, but I couldn't think of another term that clearly indicates he is missing camp time.