Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Slight OT - Florida State QB punches girl in bar

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Slight OT - Florida State QB punches girl in bar

Not sure what to think of this goofy shit. He comes barging in for a drink, she takes umbrage and puts up her dukes like "let's settle this now", he kind of manhandles her a bit then she lands a weak left to the face and he delivers the stunning blow.

I think I gotta take her side here but when you throw the first punch you gotta be sure it's gonna count.

I have a question during this lull in football season which is the only reason I post this. Does the law recognize officially what sex either participant is by the letter of the law? I mean clearly a jury and probably a judge will say he's 100% at fault because you shouldn't hit a woman. Again, legally if someone hits you first, would that be assault by both parties sex of each non-withstanding?

edit: fireworks somewhere between 1:40 and 1:55

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/new...rest/29775149/

What an idiot. But still not as stupid as discharging a firearm in public.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    What an idiot. But still not as stupid as discharging a firearm in public.

Smarter than Plaxico wearing a gun to a club in his sweat pants and having it slide down, he grabs it to stop the slide and shoots himself.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    This is going in a good direction - ranking the stupidity.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Friends don't let friends punch women.

But the best part is that his punch didn't even put her down. Her knees buckle a little, but then she's back up.

Good question - does he get any legal points in his favor that she threw the first (albeit lame) punch? Does it matter that she's a she?

If that does matter, should prosecutors take into account that a guy in a fight with another guy is a skinny weakling?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Friends don't let friends punch women.

But the best part is that his punch didn't even put her down. Her knees buckle a little, but then she's back up.

Good question - does he get any legal points in his favor that she threw the first (albeit lame) punch? Does it matter that she's a she?

If that does matter, should prosecutors take into account that a guy in a fight with another guy is a skinny weakling?
    If it matters that she is a she, in today's world, he was faced with many questions, because you can't take everything at face value.
    Is she really a she just because she looks like a she? Did she used to be a he? Is she becoming a he?
    It's a complicated world we live in.

He grabbed her arm first, so he is faces the problem of escalation as well.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

She made a fist....lol....I showed that to my wife and she said it was her fault. I disagree, she had no shot in that fight and he kind of started it by trying to force his way to the bar. She looked kind of hammered though, then kind of groggy after she started spitting out teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    She made a fist....lol....I showed that to my wife and she said it was her fault. I disagree, she had no shot in that fight and he kind of started it by trying to force his way to the bar. She looked kind of hammered though, then kind of groggy after she started spitting out teeth.
    Looks to me to be a combination of idiot and idiot. Looks like she pushed ahead of him for the open bar spot then specifically stuck her ass out to block him. He should have let it go, but decided to go alpha. Stupid + stupid = stupid.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Yup, he made contact first. That is a no-no.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

What a mess. I watched the video many times this morning. As they approached the bar, she leaned back and said something to him. I'm sure he was sounding off too, but we can't see that. She turned toward him with her right fist raised, which he grabbed and pulled down. It looks like he was also grabbing for her left arm, but she raised her fist and hit him, and he countered. I don't understand the impulse that caused him to hit her as he did, even though she had struck him.

Where have manners have gone? At bars, ticket lines, stadium entrances, etc., I have always backed away from the shoving match, looked at the other person (male of female), and said "Please, go ahead of me." Funny thing is, their response is often, "No, no. Please, you go first." Courtesy begets courtesy, rudeness begets rudeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    What a mess. I watched the video many times this morning. As they approached the bar, she leaned back and said something to him. I'm sure he was sounding off too, but we can't see that. She turned toward him with her right fist raised, which he grabbed and pulled down. It looks like he was also grabbing for her left arm, but she raised her fist and hit him, and he countered. I don't understand the impulse that caused him to hit her as he did, even though she had struck him.

Where have manners have gone? At bars, ticket lines, stadium entrances, etc., I have always backed away from the shoving match, looked at the other person (male of female), and said "Please, go ahead of me." Funny thing is, their response is often, "No, no. Please, you go first." Courtesy begets courtesy, rudeness begets rudeness.
    Supposedly she knees him in the nuts, called him the N word, and threw a punched. Pretty much when dumb people drink these things tend to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Supposedly she knees him in the nuts, called him the N word, and threw a punched.
    I don't get that kind of confrontational vibe from her (not even the punch), she looks punchy and looped. The kind of near staggering drunk you do all you can to avoid knocking down as you walk by. But that doesn't tell you where her mind is at.

I don't get that kind of confrontational vibe from her (not even the punch), she looks punchy and looped. The kind of near staggering drunk you do all you can to avoid knocking down as you walk by. But that doesn't tell you where her mind is at.

That's my take. She looked kind of hammered. Maybe I have went overboard slightly about barging in comment. I've been in crowded bars and that happens all the time. She did get on him for bumping her, I highly doubt he got kneed in the jewels, that's his agent trying to salvage a division 1 scholly. It escalated quick and you could see he easily overpowered her when he grabbed her arm. Absolutely no need to blast her one. Drinking age is 21, I'm guessing village people bartender wouldn't card him.

Supposedly she knees him in the nuts, called him the N word, and threw a punched. Pretty much when dumb people drink these things tend to happen.
    I had to watch a few times to catch the knee - it's there, but pretty innocuous. It happens after he grabs her arm. She puts her knee in the air, it looks like she's using it to create some distance, not driving it up into his groin.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

She obviously threw the timid left hand punch, and I have no reason to doubt that the others may have occurred, too. Even if all of that is true, it all would have happened after he had the opportunity to be courteous and allow her to have the spot at the bar. Had he done that, she would have had no reason to do any of the other things.

She obviously threw the timid left hand punch, and I have no reason to doubt that the others may have occurred, too. Even if all of that is true, it all would have happened after he had the opportunity to be courteous and allow her to have the spot at the bar. Had he done that, she would have had no reason to do any of the other things.
    I completely agree, but in this day and age, having the maturity to "lose" a confrontation seems like a scarce characteristic. It's an entitled generation.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

There was enough space for two if she just squeezes in to let him past the other women. Had she done that, none of the other things would have occurred.

Note also that he said "Excuse me" or the like to the other women, so it wasn't like he was throwing his weight around.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    ... called him the N word...
    Maybe she was just singing a song
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Maybe she was just singing a song
    Guess you one of those "they call themselves that so why can't I" type of people.