Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Slight OT - Florida State QB punches girl in bar

Slight OT - Florida State QB punches girl in bar

Not sure what to think of this goofy shit. He comes barging in for a drink, she takes umbrage and puts up her dukes like "let's settle this now", he kind of manhandles her a bit then she lands a weak left to the face and he delivers the stunning blow.

I think I gotta take her side here but when you throw the first punch you gotta be sure it's gonna count.

I have a question during this lull in football season which is the only reason I post this. Does the law recognize officially what sex either participant is by the letter of the law? I mean clearly a jury and probably a judge will say he's 100% at fault because you shouldn't hit a woman. Again, legally if someone hits you first, would that be assault by both parties sex of each non-withstanding?

edit: fireworks somewhere between 1:40 and 1:55

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/new...rest/29775149/

What an idiot. But still not as stupid as discharging a firearm in public.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    This is going in a good direction - ranking the stupidity.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    What an idiot. But still not as stupid as discharging a firearm in public.

Smarter than Plaxico wearing a gun to a club in his sweat pants and having it slide down, he grabs it to stop the slide and shoots himself.

Friends don't let friends punch women.

But the best part is that his punch didn't even put her down. Her knees buckle a little, but then she's back up.

Good question - does he get any legal points in his favor that she threw the first (albeit lame) punch? Does it matter that she's a she?

If that does matter, should prosecutors take into account that a guy in a fight with another guy is a skinny weakling?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Friends don't let friends punch women.

But the best part is that his punch didn't even put her down. Her knees buckle a little, but then she's back up.

Good question - does he get any legal points in his favor that she threw the first (albeit lame) punch? Does it matter that she's a she?

If that does matter, should prosecutors take into account that a guy in a fight with another guy is a skinny weakling?
    If it matters that she is a she, in today's world, he was faced with many questions, because you can't take everything at face value.
    Is she really a she just because she looks like a she? Did she used to be a he? Is she becoming a he?
    It's a complicated world we live in.

He grabbed her arm first, so he is faces the problem of escalation as well.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

She made a fist....lol....I showed that to my wife and she said it was her fault. I disagree, she had no shot in that fight and he kind of started it by trying to force his way to the bar. She looked kind of hammered though, then kind of groggy after she started spitting out teeth.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Yup, he made contact first. That is a no-no.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    She made a fist....lol....I showed that to my wife and she said it was her fault. I disagree, she had no shot in that fight and he kind of started it by trying to force his way to the bar. She looked kind of hammered though, then kind of groggy after she started spitting out teeth.
    Looks to me to be a combination of idiot and idiot. Looks like she pushed ahead of him for the open bar spot then specifically stuck her ass out to block him. He should have let it go, but decided to go alpha. Stupid + stupid = stupid.

I'm no lawyer, but he seems to clearly make first aggressive contact. More importantly, I think the question of her being a woman is covered under your responsibility to use appropriate proportional force if you feel you are "defending yourself." It's going to be hard to convince anyone that his response was proportional to the "threat" her pussy punch posed to him, even if you buy his lawyer's argument that she initiated the incident, which looks dubious at best. In fact, judging from her response, it looks like she may have felt there was some harassing contact as they jostle for space. Assplay in other words. Or grabass if you prefer.

More disturbing is the bartender's outfit.

It's too bad the whole bar didn't just blow up and kill everyone inside.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

She threw a knee before he grabbed her. They're both stupid, but nobody goes to jail for this one. She gets off because she's a powerless woman and the law pities her. He because she struck first. Ho hum.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post

More disturbing is the bartender's outfit.
    Village people are people too.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

She was definitely acting like a douche herself, being pushy, you can almost hear her say 'keep your hands off me!' getting in his face, making a fist and waving it around a bit. Having said that, it was all drunken bravado, and he should've shrugged it off, not grabbed his arm.

IMO it's pretty murky after that. How stupid was she to throw a punch? Piss-poor a punch as it was, she landed one on his jaw. If I did that to a guy in a bar, I'd be fully prepared for whatever came right back at me.

At the end of it all, I agree that no one ends up with anything out of this.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Did he disappear from the scene or did the choppy video just make it seem that way.

Did he disappear from the scene or did the choppy video just make it seem that way.

The story made it sound like he got tossed but he definitely slunk away.

I agree with Skin on the bartender outfit.......geez, what sort of bar was that?

Guy is a douche bag extraordinaire. Who cares if she stuck her ass out and blocked him from the bar? Future wife beater for sure.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Guy is a douche bag extraordinaire. Who cares if she stuck her ass out and blocked him from the bar? Future wife beater for sure.

You could see he pretty much could manhandle her and she had no chance. She struck me as an annoying drunk but he didn't need to KO her.

The title of this thread needs to be changed to:

"Former Florida State QB punches girl in bar "

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...king-woman-bar

Wow. Wonder if its permanent in the normal sense, or permanent in the baseball suspension sense (back in 2 games).