Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Slight OT - Florida State QB punches girl in bar

I like how the hipster to the right had no reaction whatsoever.

They both should be charged with something or other - he more severely. She tried to get in the way as he tried to squeeze between the other women, using his hands to grab the bar to gain balance. She then turned around with fist upraised, threatening to use it. He grabbed the fist and pushed it into her body, she tried to kick/knee him in the groin and then threw the "punch", and he threw the haymaker. Both idiots and both should be charged, but what did she think was going to happen if she tried to throw hands at some random stranger?

Both parties involved are idiots...but its Florida so what do you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Not sure what to think of this goofy shit. He comes barging in for a drink, she takes umbrage and puts up her dukes like "let's settle this now", he kind of manhandles her a bit then she lands a weak left to the face and he delivers the stunning blow.

I think I gotta take her side here but when you throw the first punch you gotta be sure it's gonna count.
    Barging in? Which video did you watch? Also have you ever been to a bar? People are going to bump into you especially at the serving area, she was acting like a drunk immature bitch while he acted like a drunk immature asshole to retaliate.

Now not saying I agree but if she was a man it would have been self defense...everyone wants equal rights until they get punched in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He grabbed her arm first, so he is faces the problem of escalation as well.
    What a mess. I watched the video many times this morning. As they approached the bar, she leaned back and said something to him. I'm sure he was sounding off too, but we can't see that. She turned toward him with her right fist raised, which he grabbed and pulled down. It looks like he was also grabbing for her left arm, but she raised her fist and hit him, and he countered. I don't understand the impulse that caused him to hit her as he did, even though she had struck him.

Where have manners have gone? At bars, ticket lines, stadium entrances, etc., I have always backed away from the shoving match, looked at the other person (male of female), and said "Please, go ahead of me." Funny thing is, their response is often, "No, no. Please, you go first." Courtesy begets courtesy, rudeness begets rudeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    What a mess. I watched the video many times this morning. As they approached the bar, she leaned back and said something to him. I'm sure he was sounding off too, but we can't see that. She turned toward him with her right fist raised, which he grabbed and pulled down. It looks like he was also grabbing for her left arm, but she raised her fist and hit him, and he countered. I don't understand the impulse that caused him to hit her as he did, even though she had struck him.

Where have manners have gone? At bars, ticket lines, stadium entrances, etc., I have always backed away from the shoving match, looked at the other person (male of female), and said "Please, go ahead of me." Funny thing is, their response is often, "No, no. Please, you go first." Courtesy begets courtesy, rudeness begets rudeness.
    Supposedly she knees him in the nuts, called him the N word, and threw a punched. Pretty much when dumb people drink these things tend to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Supposedly she knees him in the nuts, called him the N word, and threw a punched.
    I don't get that kind of confrontational vibe from her (not even the punch), she looks punchy and looped. The kind of near staggering drunk you do all you can to avoid knocking down as you walk by. But that doesn't tell you where her mind is at.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Supposedly she knees him in the nuts, called him the N word, and threw a punched. Pretty much when dumb people drink these things tend to happen.
    I had to watch a few times to catch the knee - it's there, but pretty innocuous. It happens after he grabs her arm. She puts her knee in the air, it looks like she's using it to create some distance, not driving it up into his groin.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

She obviously threw the timid left hand punch, and I have no reason to doubt that the others may have occurred, too. Even if all of that is true, it all would have happened after he had the opportunity to be courteous and allow her to have the spot at the bar. Had he done that, she would have had no reason to do any of the other things.

She obviously threw the timid left hand punch, and I have no reason to doubt that the others may have occurred, too. Even if all of that is true, it all would have happened after he had the opportunity to be courteous and allow her to have the spot at the bar. Had he done that, she would have had no reason to do any of the other things.
    I completely agree, but in this day and age, having the maturity to "lose" a confrontation seems like a scarce characteristic. It's an entitled generation.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Black lives matter!

Of course they'll march out the "she called me a nigger," defense. It still works and apparently trumps civility, social order, and the rule of law. I'm sure he also didn't have disparaging words for her.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Like I said both are idiots, obviously he's the better one here but the way OP explains it makes it seem like she's an angel which clearly isn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Black lives matter!

Of course they'll march out the "she called me a nigger," defense. It still works and apparently trumps civility, social order, and the rule of law. I'm sure he also didn't have disparaging words for her.
    Some things don't change...

The problem was that he, as so many others, didn't realize how much more he had to lose than she did. If this happened between two run-of-the-mill students, the school likely would not have been involved. If the school had been, maybe some minor discipline notation in their files would have been about it.

But, this was an athlete, and a football player at that. He lost his opportunity to play football there, and I bet the thought of that possibility never crossed his mind at anytime since he arrived on campus, let alone at the time of the confrontation.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    ... called him the N word...
    Maybe she was just singing a song
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

This thread sucks. A strong football player throws a hard punch at a woman. If our society still cared about the difference between sexes, this wouldn't even be debated. Did she call him a name? HORRORS! Did she raise her fist? OH NO! Did she 'knee' him? SAY IT AINT SO! But the guy decks a woman and people are debating it. I guess in today's egalitarian and uniform cis-trans-fluid everything goes society they both should get arrested for drunk and disorderly. At least it appears the school has the decency to get rid of the guy, I suppose.

"Oh, pardon me, did I bump you?"
    "Yes, that's OK, here, there's a spot at the bar right here."
    "Gosh thanks. Sorry for being too pushy. Can I get you a drink?"
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

The problem was that he, as so many others, didn't realize how much more he had to lose than she did.
    No, the problem is that he clobbered a woman in the face.

No one is debating shit...everyone knows he was in the wrong but females need to learn how to conduct themselves as well and not act like they can do whatever they want because they are girls.

No one is debating shit...everyone knows he was in the wrong but females need to learn how to conduct themselves as well and not act like they can do whatever they want because they are girls.
    but out. Stop debating.

females need to learn how to conduct themselves as well and not act like they can do whatever they want because they are girls.
    That might be a good topic for FYI

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Maybe she was just singing a song
    Guess you one of those "they call themselves that so why can't I" type of people.