Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Slight OT - Florida State QB punches girl in bar

Also what makes it worse is it was caught on camera...dude would still be with FSU if they didn't have video.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Guess you one of those "they call themselves that so why can't I" type of people.
    Maybe he was singing too, so she thought he was calling her a Motha*ucker or a ho. It's not about race, it's about vulgarity. Again, a good topic for FYI.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Also what makes it worse is it was caught on camera...dude would still be with FSU if they didn't have video.
    Worse or better?

There were no credible witnesses it seems. The barkeep from the Village People didn't see anything.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Guess you one of those "they call themselves that so why can't I" type of people.
    No, I'm a "If you don't want 'x' to be uttered then don't utter 'x'" type of people.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    No, the problem is that he clobbered a woman in the face.
    Well of course. What I was trying to get at was why, and in my couple posts I suggested two causes:
    1. The loss of common courtesy.
    2. His failure to realize the consequences of his actions.

I was not excusing him.

Was that so difficult to follow?

Geez.
    Last edited by Patler; 07-08-2015 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    She obviously threw the timid left hand punch, and I have no reason to doubt that the others may have occurred, too. Even if all of that is true, it all would have happened after he had the opportunity to be courteous and allow her to have the spot at the bar. Had he done that, she would have had no reason to do any of the other things.
    There was enough space for two if she just squeezes in to let him past the other women. Had she done that, none of the other things would have occurred.

Note also that he said "Excuse me" or the like to the other women, so it wasn't like he was throwing his weight around.

Well of course. What I was trying to get at was why
    OK

I was not excusing him.
    I never said you were

Was that so difficult to follow?
    For my monkey brain, apparently so

First Rule of Self-Defense: "Don't be there."

If you have to be there don't be so drunk you're judgement is impaired, especially when a lapse of judgement can potentially cost you a U-Haul of Franklins.

Raise your hands all of you who have drilled..... I mean punched, a drunken, fat chick in a bar. Anyone? Patler? Rand? Brandon? Even if they drop the N-word? Skin? (I know Skins drilled a fat chick in a bar, Red as well.). Guiness? Anyone? Nope. Didn't think so.

Off-topic, but what about firing a .45 in the air after getting shined on by a couple of chicks? Anyone? No-one? Didn't think so.

Entitlement, narcissism, a lack of understanding of consequence as a function of being coddled from middle school on, lack of judgement, lack of impulse control, blah, blah, blah.

The game of football is wonderful, but so many of these players are so tiresome........

No one is debating shit...everyone knows he was in the wrong but females need to learn how to conduct themselves as well and not act like they can do whatever they want because they are girls.
    I don't understand black peoples' obsession come lately of calling women females, like they're dogs or rabbits or something. Then again, I don't understand the obsession with calling each other niggers either. One could say it seems to be a problem with respecting one another, but surely it must be some cultural abnormality that someone with pale skin cannot fathom.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Raise your hands all of you who have drilled..... I mean punched, a drunken, fat chick in a bar. Anyone? Patler? Rand? Brandon? Even if they drop the N-word? Skin? (I know Skins drilled a fat chick in a bar, Red as well.). Guiness? Anyone? Nope. Didn't think so.
    I find silently staring at them is usually enough to make them leave. Except the fat ones. They take it as an invitation to speak loudly.

To answer the question though, no, I have not punched a "female" in a bar. Mostly because I have never acted in a way that would lead to a physical confrontation to begin with, I suppose. Call me old fashioned, but shoving, grabbing, and striking ladies about the head just isn't how I imagine a fun night out.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I don't get that kind of confrontational vibe from her (not even the punch), she looks punchy and looped. The kind of near staggering drunk you do all you can to avoid knocking down as you walk by. But that doesn't tell you where her mind is at.

That's my take. She looked kind of hammered. Maybe I have went overboard slightly about barging in comment. I've been in crowded bars and that happens all the time. She did get on him for bumping her, I highly doubt he got kneed in the jewels, that's his agent trying to salvage a division 1 scholly. It escalated quick and you could see he easily overpowered her when he grabbed her arm. Absolutely no need to blast her one. Drinking age is 21, I'm guessing village people bartender wouldn't card him.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Worse or better?

There were no credible witnesses it seems. The barkeep from the Village People didn't see anything.

He could not have cared less.

Like I said both are idiots, obviously he's the better one here but the way OP explains it makes it seem like she's an angel which clearly isn't the case.
    Better one? Less drunk maybe, but ultimately dumber.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Whatever you say buddy.

Nice boy you have there.

How can people have brothers and sisters who are in no way biologically or spatially a member of their family?

And don't get me started on minors calling parents by their given name.

I have never understood why grandmothers get upset when some people call them babycakes.

What's wrong with calling CJ Wilson 'Lefty'?

Context and consent is for losers.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    I don't understand black peoples' obsession come lately of calling women females, like they're dogs or rabbits or something. Then again, I don't understand the obsession with calling each other niggers either.
    According to my sources they actually also call each other 'dog' so maybe that answers the female question.

striking ladies about the head just isn't how I imagine a fun night out.
    You're more of a body blow kind of guy anyway. What with the MMA training and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    You're more of a body blow kind of guy anyway. What with the MMA training and all.
    I have punched nutz in the bar, and he's flipped over my chair at the strip club in retaliation. But he's not a lady or a female. Unfortunately I, and half a parking lot full of impressionable college kids, have seen his penis. It's always the guys without much to show who like to show it all.

I have punched nutz in the bar, and he's flipped over my chair at the strip club in retaliation. But he's not a lady or a female. Unfortunately I, and half a parking lot full of impressionable college kids, have seen his penis. It's always the guys without much to show who like to show it all.

I'm guessing that explains the drop in homosexual tendencies at one university.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...tted-no-crime/

via http://www.tallahassee.com/story/spo...case/29915623/

Prosecutor will not be pressing charges against the woman. Johnson is 19 and that might enter into this at some point (woman is 21).

Prosecutor has interviewed two other players already and has plans to speak to three more, he is unsure if the next three were witnesses to the contretemps or if they simply were together at some point in the evening. Johnson turned himself into Police 6 days after the incident.

Its a little odd all his interviews are with other players, since it would seem there were a few other people at the bar during the dust-up.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Agreed that both were idiots. If he felt threatened by her raising of a "fist" than he needs to get his weak sauce self off the football field anyways.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!