Thread: cowboys broncos collusion?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm not sure how marginal it is, these guys are both looking for a triple crown in contract terms - big $$$, long term and a lot of guarantees. Look at the problems created by Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald's contracts. Andre Johnson's total cap hit this year is $17M - 10M for Indi, $7M in dead money for Houston.

Of course, you also have to realize NFL owners are a different, incredibly egotistical breed, and they want to win at everything, including negotiations with their most valuable assets.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I'm not sure how marginal it is, these guys are both looking for a triple crown in contract terms - big $$$, long term and a lot of guarantees. Look at the problems created by Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald's contracts. Andre Johnson's total cap hit this year is $17M - 10M for Indi, $7M in dead money for Houston.
    That is exactly why it makes sense that both have been franchised. It was the logical approach for both teams. Collusion wasn't needed fro them to come to the same conclusion.

The NFLPA sings this tune every time two of the top players at the same position are FAs at the same time. We have heard it before.