Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Former Bears Coach Would Make Bad Roommate

Former Bears Coach Would Make Bad Roommate

Current Bills O line coach and former Bears coach, Aaron Kromer got himself arrested this weekend. He objected to the use of beach chair by some kids fishing (presuming they were his) so he threw a fishing pole into the water, knocked one kid down and punched him.

Bad enough, since the store indicates the victim was a minor. Worse, was what Kromer allegedly said next:

One of the alleged victims also told police that Kromer said that “if he reported him to the police he would kill his family.”
    I *think* this was the same guy who called out Cutler last season. He seems like a really peach.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lleged-victim/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I guess he figured "Why should the Florida State players have all the fun?"

Well, there is always college football to fall back on. This moron should and likely will get fired.

Roid. Rage.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I red that the little motherfuckers stole some chairs from him. Guessing when he hit them up they acted like snotty pukes and he dealt with them accordingly. If true he shouldn't get in any trouble.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    you're not gonna get a lot of sympathy if you punch kids in the face, but I can' help wondering how much of their their story is pure fabrication.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Kids?? C'mon these punk asses are likely not some 10 years olds. But if they are, fuck them all the same if they stole his shit. Sick of age, race, or sex being an excuse to get away with shit.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Kids?? C'mon these punk asses are likely not some 10 years olds. But if they are, fuck them all the same if they stole his shit. Sick of age, race, or sex being an excuse to get away with shit.
    You're almost making a good go of it as the devil's advocate, but so far it seem that they not much stole them, more that they were sitting in them. The report says "Aaron was yelling at the boys about using their beach chairs that they left by the beach access."

Granted, when he started ragging on them they probably flipped him off...

obGrammarNazi: Pretty poor wording in the report. The pronoun 'their' doesn't have a clear antecedant. I'm pretty sure the chairs belonged to Aaron, but they used a plural pronoun in a way that implies ownership by the boys. Maybe the kids dragged their own beach chairs onto his beach access? The more I read it, the less I'm sure.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

A-A-Ron Kromer

Pros: decisive, aggressive

Cons: world class poor judgement
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Kromer has a court date in August. They have not released the age of the alleged victim, but here is a description:

His alleged victim is 5 foot 8, 140 pounds, a Walton County Sheriff’s representative said. Kromer, 48, stands 6 foot 4, 210 pounds.
    AK's rep, agreeing with Mad that the kids were sassing him:

“It was dark out. He couldn’t see the people,” one source told Fox Sports. “The kids were belligerent and threatened him. Bottom line, they stole his property and he couldn’t identify them because it was dark out and they threatened him.”
    http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/07...st-court-date/

It is difficult to imagine that it was dark enough not to notice that they were small/kids. It was light enough for to see the kids sitting on the chairs, to grab a kid's fishing pole, and to punch one of them in the face.

Well, to be fair, we don't know how many punches missed. The article points out that the kids were able to identify the adult without problem.

What I love is that the lawyer argues that the "belligerent" kids could only be handled with a beating. Good teaching coach!

The quote also doesn't say that he couldn't tell their age, only that he could not "identify them." Based upon what has come out so far I do not have much sympathy for either side, they both were in the wrong for different reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Based upon what has come out so far I do not have much sympathy for either side, they both were in the wrong for different reasons.
    Take it to the Florida St. QB punches girl in bar thread.

The quote also doesn't say that he couldn't tell their age, only that he could not "identify them." Based upon what has come out so far I do not have much sympathy for either side, they both were in the wrong for different reasons.
    OK. But one side was, to give the anonymous source its full reading, "belligerent".

The other side committed battery. These are not equal acts.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    OK. But one side was, to give the anonymous source its full reading, "belligerent".

The other side committed battery. These are not equal acts.
    Saying one is more wrong than the other begins to sound like an excuse for one side. I make no judgment on who is "more" wrong. Neither seems justified, so they are both wrong.

Also, one side was (arguably) stealing/misusing someone else's property. If they were "belligerent" it does not help their case, but they still seem to have been in the wrong either way. If they were antagonizing, one could foresee (but not excuse) escalation of the situation. Poor judgment all around if that is the case.

Saying one is more wrong than the other begins to sound like an excuse for one side. I make no judgment on who is "more" wrong. Neither seems justified, so they are both wrong.

Also, one side was (arguably) stealing/misusing someone else's property. If they were "belligerent" it does not help their case, but they still seem to have been in the wrong either way. If they were antagonizing, one could foresee (but not excuse) escalation of the situation. Poor judgment all around if that is the case.
    I assume you don't think that every crime should carry the same punishment. So in a simplified sense of error, they are both equally wrong. However, the consequences of their actions were asymmetrical. We don't even know if the property suffered any harm before, during or after the scuffle.

One side being more wrong doesn't make an excuse for either side. There isn't a finite amount of punishment that has to be apportioned according to blame. Each side, if a crime was judged to have been committed, would face a separate process with a separate jeopardy.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I assume you don't think that every crime should carry the same punishment. So in a simplified sense of error, they are both equally wrong. However, the consequences of their actions were asymmetrical. We don't even know if the property suffered any harm before, during or after the scuffle.

One side being more wrong doesn't make an excuse for either side. There isn't a finite amount of punishment that has to be apportioned according to blame. Each side, if a crime was judged to have been committed, would face a separate process with a separate jeopardy.
    No, I did not say anything about punishment, and I also did not say they were both equally wrong. I was mainly trying to express my opinion that there is no need to attempt to argue one side versus the other. It is not a competition, nor is there a limited amount of blame that has to be split fairly.

Assuming the reports are correct:

The kids were using someone else's property and were antagonistic when confronted about it. That's wrong.

Kromer and son confronted kids using their property (fine). But then they took the kid's property and threw it into the ocean. They also physically injured at least one kid. That's wrong.

Neither justifies the other.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post

Goddamn right. Once, my sister's eight-month-old baby grabbed my ice cream sandwich outta my hand and started gnawing on it. I punched that little fucker straight up in the mouth.

Only thing I regret is that the punch wrecked my ice cream sandwich.

Little bastard hasn't stolen from me since.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Goddamn right. Once, my sister's eight-month-old baby grabbed my ice cream sandwich outta my hand and started gnawing on it. I punched that little fucker straight up in the mouth.

Only thing I regret is that the punch wrecked my ice cream sandwich.

Little bastard hasn't stolen from me since.
    First off we all know you ain't hitting anything you metrosexual lil maricon!!

You may think I got it fucked up but you don't know shit. World is fucked up and crumbling daily. The little twit that fucks with your beach chairs today might be the same mofo robbing your ass later. Trust no one, ever!