I don't agree with the article.

Getting guys extended is all well and good - but this team should be putting the finishing touches on making a push to win a championship. TT really didn't do that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree that an upgrade at TE would have been nice - but Quarless is servicable, and I like Backman okay... reminds me of a bigger/faster Ed West.

As for what this team desperately needed - at least 1 starting ILB, that was more than just a plugger; and given that we lost 2 capable outside CB's, we needed to address that as well. TT really didn't do either.

Rollins has more upside outside than anyone else we have. Maybe Hayward can play out there - maybe not. Randall is a huge projection outside, and I just don't see it with him. Ryan is more of a "plugger" ILB than a 3 down playmaker.

Add it up, and we're probably a little worse off than we were last year in the secondary - and we're still going to have to play Matthews inside for lack of filling that gaping hole.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same old TT - maybe this draft ends up looking great in 3-4 years, but it's not likely to win us a SB this year, unless the other teams around us take steps backward as well.

I want to win championships, not get to the dance every year and then get our asses kicked back to the airport for the offseason flight home.