Thread: Randall & Rollins; or Rollins & Randall ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    I don't dislike most Packer picks - some I liked a lot, but didn't think they'd be a good fit, and as often as not, that has proven to be true.
    Iits not that you don't like the pick, you just don't like the pick for the Packers? I don't think most people would split hairs this way. If you don't like the player for the team that selected them, then you don't like the pick. Anyway, I think this horse is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Iits not that you don't like the pick, you just don't like the pick for the Packers? I don't think most people would split hairs this way. If you don't like the player for the team that selected them, then you don't like the pick. Anyway, I think this horse is dead.
    Not being a fit for the defense has been a long-standing criticism of TT. They've changed the base a bit, so some of these guys fit a little better, but Perry wasn't a fit, Jones wasn't a fit, even Daniels and Raji weren't good fits.

Since MM forced Capers to go to an Elephant/hybrid, there is more of a role for those guys, but when they were drafted, and how they were initially used - no, they were not good picks b/c they weren't good fits. That is almost all entirely on Capers - and TT didn't help the situation by taking guys that were better fits for other schemes. It's as if TT and Capers weren't on the same page.

That said, Capers had quite a bit of talent in the front seven in '13 and 14 - he completely sucked it up in '13, and '12 was a complete bust b/c he insisted on playing that idiotic "Jumbo 2-4" 75% of the time.

As for DB's, I do place more of a value on solid tackling and toughness - the Packers care little about it. Every year MM has to fend off the media b/c they are constantly on his ass about, "... what are you going to do about the poor tackling"; and every year MM says, "... we're going to get that cleaned up", lol...

It is what it is.
    wist