Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Conference @ Atlanta

More Banjo: Conference @ Atlanta

Al you need to know is that red and I debated McCarthy's quote halftime comments into the fourth quarter. And it wasn't because we were celebrating.

I should have started drinking Winter Skäl, instead of Satin Solitude.

The studs and duds thread is going to be a bloodbath.

I think there is a strong chance some Defensive coaches don't survive.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 27s27 seconds ago
    Talked to shields. Still having symptoms but wants to play again.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 4m4 minutes ago
    Sam Shields at the game. Said he's still having concussion symptoms but feels much better. Said he hasn't given up on playing.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The MMQB @theMMQB
    Biggest offseason Q for Pack O: Rethink the offense? Put in some man-beaters? Can you keep relying on Rodgers to be epic game after game?

Oddly, while beating some very good defenses, this critique had disappeared. I think there is value in it, but it doesn't explain it all.

No reason for a studs/duds thread. The ONLY Packer stud in this game was Jordy.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The MMQB @theMMQB
    Biggest offseason Q for Pack O: Rethink the offense? Put in some man-beaters? Can you keep relying on Rodgers to be epic game after game?

Oddly, while beating some very good defenses, this critique had disappeared. I think there is value in it, but it doesn't explain it all.
    The defense needs to be retooled, bigly.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Packers for some reason aren't posting the score or stats on Twitter.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 27s27 seconds ago
    Talked to shields. Still having symptoms but wants to play again.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 4m4 minutes ago
    Sam Shields at the game. Said he's still having concussion symptoms but feels much better. Said he hasn't given up on playing.
    Still having symptoms 4 months later and he wants to keep playing? Packers need to release him for his own good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I agree.

A courageous gut effort by Jordy Nelson.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Packers for some reason aren't posting the score or stats on Twitter.
    It is showing that we have 44 members here post game.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Sam Shields at the game. Said he's still having concussion symptoms but feels much better.
    Jesus. De Nile is not just a river in Egypt.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    He's been smoking all afternoon probably.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Awesome !

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    And that stud had a bad drop.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 17m17 minutes ago

McCarthy: I'd first like to congratulate the @AtlantaFalcons. Tremendous victory.

McCarthy: Very proud of my football team. Can't say enough about the group of men I was privileged to coach. #GBvsATL

McCarthy: I can't say enough about Jordy Nelson & what he went through to get out there today. Credit to his toughness & character. #GBvsATL

McCarthy: This team provided a lot of great moments for me as a coach, our organization & hopefully our fans feel that way.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 23m23 minutes ago
    #Packers coach Mike McCarthy: "We ran into a buzz saw, and we didn't have enough to keep up with them."
    Last edited by pbmax; 01-22-2017 at 06:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    The defense needs to be retooled, bigly.
    I'm onboard with that. I'd be OK with moving on from Shields, Peppers, Guion, Jones, and redo Matthews' and Burnett deals. They're overpaid for what they bring at this point IMO.

Sign Perry and a shutdown corner and draft an edge rusher and corner early, and let the rest of the young guys fight for their careers. Hyde can stay as a utility guy only if cheap.

I'd also be on board with a new DC.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 9m9 minutes ago

Rodgers: I'm so proud of Jordy (Nelson). It's incredible that he was out there. #GBvsATL

Rodgers: We played a hot team. You've got to give them credit. Matt (Ryan) is playing incredible right now. #GBvsATL

Rodgers: Really proud of these guys. We battled. Had our backs against the wall for 8 weeks straight. Just came up a little short. #GBvsATL

EDIT to add:

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 2m2 minutes ago
    Rodgers on window closing: "I still feel pretty young, I think I have a number of years left in me (where) I can play at a high level."
    Last edited by pbmax; 01-22-2017 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    I'm onboard with that. I'd be OK with moving on from Shields, Peppers, Guion, Jones, and redo Matthews' and Burnett deals. They're overpaid for what they bring at this point IMO.

Sign Perry and a shutdown corner and draft an edge rusher and corner early, and let the rest of the young guys fight for their careers. Hyde can stay as a utility guy only if cheap.

I'd also be on board with a new DC.
    I am OK with Burnett. But need better coverage and pass rush. Also could still use ILB upgrade. Though when healthy, I think the 3 they have could get them by.

Thanks for the reminder.