Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
But we've been through this before. Some scouts are wrong and the people who they claim to be late risers (and Randall was one of them) are not actually rising on team draft boards. But the reporters who double as draft scouts are finding out that teams like a player much more than the amateurs did.

NFL.com - DRAFT PROJECTION Round 2

NFL Draft Scout
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS | #29
No player has flown up the board faster over the past few months than Randall, whose agility and instincts in coverage make him better suited to handing today's pass-happy offenses than Alabama's Landon Collins. For a club needing help at safety and hoping to vault past Denver and New England as the elite team in the AFC, Randall makes sense.
I read all that stuff max - I also looked at a lot of his game film. The guy is a lousy tackler, very passive in run support, has questionable hips and make-up speed. That's what is on tape.

Also on tape, he shows great anticipation, good hands, excellent ball skills - but, all of that is playing at safety, facing the LOS. Playing CB, outside, in the NFL?? His skill set and traits simply do not translate to that; and, given his deficiencies as a tackler and his lack of physicality, he probably isn't a top-flight S prospect either.

We're stuck with him - and given that they are determined to play him at corner, he's going to have to play the slot and be our nickel back. Sorry, but I want more from a 1st round draft pick than to just project him to nickel back.