Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
You guys think every Packer pick is destined for the HOF - most of you guys are drunk on Green and Gold Kool-Aid, and not sober enough to take a critical look at players.

If Randall makes it as a corner, it will be b/c of his intangibles, i.e. instincts and work ethic. In terms of ability, he's average at best, with some glaring weaknesses. While he is a terrible tackler, and does take some bad angles, his backpedal and hips are just as much of a concern.

The guy simply did not play cornerback - so everything about him is a projection. Very risky 1st round pick for those reasons.
But aren't you very much the opposite? You basically dislike almost everyone the Packers pick. The year Favre left, you assured us that Aaron Rodgers would never be good enough to carry the team or lead them to the Super Bowl. The only draft picks I can recall you liking were Brohm (mostly because you thought so little of Rodgers, not that you were so high on Brohm) and Abdul Hodge, who you said made the 2006 draft a success. You may have liked others, but I sure don't recall any.

I like everyone the Packers pick, not because I think they are headed to the HOF, but because they each have some attribute or unique characteristic that cause them to be drafted. A 300 pound lineman that was the gunner on his punt team, the small college player who has exceptional size for a wide receiver and is blazingly fast, the player who has kept a detailed notebook from every team practice he has participated in because ultimately he wants to coach. The running back who has ambitions of being the mayor of Los Angeles, the lineman who toiled anonymously yet successfully on teams that were not very good, the undisciplined quarterback with a rocket arm, the DB who played mostly basketball or baseball or wide receiver or quarterback but showed promise in limited exposure on defense. I know most will have very brief professional careers, even fewer will make an impact. But they all are interesting to follow, to see which will be a BJ Coleman, which an Alan Barbre, which a Sam Shields and once in a great while, a Willie Wood.