Thread: Randall & Rollins; or Rollins & Randall ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    All rookies have to prove it on the field of course, but Randall was a major reach.

There was a lot of talk that other teams liked him in the 1st round, but I sure never saw it on any tape I watched, and mid-season and into the post-season he was considered a mid-late round pick.

He flashes plays when he's facing the LOS, which is most of what you see on tape b/c they had him playing S most of the time; but to project him outside?? and think he can turn and run with elite receivers in the NFL?? That is a huge leap of faith by TT and Capers.

Add to that the guy tackles like a Barbie Doll, and you have the makeup of a mid-round pick. He's going to struggle mightily at the next level, especially if they try to play him outside.

TT and Capers will never change though... tackling and forcing punts aren't as sexy as picks.
    Was Wist right?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Was Wist right?
    No because man coverage* is the thing he does the best. Having been a safety doesn't seem to have given him good reactions to the ball when facing the LOS.

*relatively speaking
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.