Thread: Packers Add TE Gresham

Packers Add TE Gresham

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 2m2 minutes ago
    New at #Packers Insiders Blog: Packers bring in former #Bengals TE Jermaine Gresham http://pck.rs/1MLzAJ2
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Actually, I think they've just brought him in for a visit.

Kinda Surprised that they're bringing someone like this in so late. I hope they sign them. TE was a weak position last season and didn't get any better in the off-season. Drop Quarless and add Gresham.

But, I see Saints and Cardinals are in the mix. He'll sign with the Saints I bet.

He must feel he can now pass a physical. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

I think this would be a good signing - he's played at a high level, and is still young. I think it could come down to the physical.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

I might have misread that one.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Sounds like there are quite a few teams interested in him--now that he's healthy again.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Sounds like there are quite a few teams interested in him--now that he's healthy again.
    I'm guessing that is is more like close to healthy than actually healthy. Teams are kicking the tires, but either not offering a contract or offering one that is well below what someone of his talent and production would command. Somewhat like Finley last year. I hope he's well enough for the Packers to roll the dice (perhaps incentive-laden and lower pay if on IR for back trouble contract). He's way better than any other TE on the roster. If healthy.

One thing, if the Packers sign him, would it affect draft compensation for lost FA's?
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    He would be an instant starter on the Pack. AR would make him a top 10 TE in the game!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    I'm guessing that is is more like close to healthy than actually healthy. Teams are kicking the tires, but either not offering a contract or offering one that is well below what someone of his talent and production would command. Somewhat like Finley last year. I hope he's well enough for the Packers to roll the dice (perhaps incentive-laden and lower pay if on IR for back trouble contract). He's way better than any other TE on the roster. If healthy.

One thing, if the Packers sign him, would it affect draft compensation for lost FA's?
    I think there's a date after which FA's signed don't count against the signing team - pretty sure I saw an article saying Baltimore does that.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

they're just bringing him in

i hope they sign him, he would definitly help fix one of the weak spots on the team

I like Rodgers better but wouldnt mind bringing him in for depth with the whole Quarless situation.

Blog Entries
    This guy is a coin flip.

Could be good could be bad.

He has deceptive speed.

He's slower than he looks.

Can be a good blocker, sometimes.

There was a game last season that he took himself out at the last minute when Cincy needed him.

The guy has one season in the tank and probably realizes it.

Depending on his attitude, he might be worth a flyer, but he isn't as good as Rodgers or Quarless, IMVHO.

Gresham signed with Arizona.

I feel like a Tabloid Journalist now.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I feel like a Tabloid Journalist now.
    It doesn't just happen to the tabloids.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    It doesn't just happen to the tabloids.

That's awesome.....

The Tribune could blame pollsters and precinct returns. I just apparently can't read the wire (read: Twitter).

Ground Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    I like Rodgers better but wouldnt mind bringing him in for depth with the whole Quarless situation.
    not if Gresham is healthy. It's not even close right now.