Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Commissioner Hairbrain Is Stuck in Mess of Own Making

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    There are PHOTOGRAPHS Max. The woman herself gave an account UNDER OATH. A district attorney got to see all of the evidence, and saw fit to bring charges of domestic violence. A judge CONVICTED him of the crime. Clearly, there is a significant amount of "evidence" pointing to the fact that Greg Hardy is a thug...just not enough to move forward with if the accuser is paid off and conveniently goes missing.

Seriously Max...this is way more than just something serious enough for "the police to be called". So was the Ray Rice incident. Both times, the NFL barely levied ANY punishment on the offenders despite knowing full well what happened (for the most part) in both cases.
    I am not making the case that the NFL has responded correctly to either Rice or Hardy. But both happened before the revised policy was issued. But the Rice case had video of the punch.

Second, if there are photographs, I have not seen them. Thought I made that plain. A link would be helpful. Did she require treatment for injuries as well?

Lastly, the police were called, she did give a statement and she testified at the trial by judge. But there are signs that there may be inconsistencies between the two accounts and she is not willing to help. This doesn't mean that Hardy is suddenly wonderful, but there is not enough that the prosecutors feel they can win a new trial with a jury. The best the NFL could have done under the old policy was something was 2 games. They got four plus the exempt list season. For a bad policy to produce anything close to that is a muted win.

Its possible even that won't stand in court. But no player or team employee can see that as a victory for the abuser and a free hand.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

As heinous as these acts by these thugs against women I don't know if we can compare these to Brady's case. The question of deflategate involves activity surrounding/affecting the game while these other are off the field transgressions.

What is silly and sad about it all is if indeed Brady 'encouraged' those guys to deflate the balls under the psi recommended by the league the max fine for that is $25,000 - which is pocket change for a guy like TB. If Brady would have said "yeah, the air pressure in those balls could have been under the league limit but I didn't think it was a big deal" then paid the $25K it would have been forgotten within a week and his reputation would be intact. But because he refused to cooperate with the investigation and wasn't completely forthcoming Goodell slapped him with the suspension and most folks outside of the New England area now think he's a cheat. smh

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    As heinous as these acts by these thugs against women I don't know if we can compare these to Brady's case. The question of deflategate involves activity surrounding/affecting the game while these other are off the field transgressions.

What is silly and sad about it all is if indeed Brady 'encouraged' those guys to deflate the balls under the psi recommended by the league the max fine for that is $25,000 - which is pocket change for a guy like TB. If Brady would have said "yeah, the air pressure in those balls could have been under the league limit but I didn't think it was a big deal" then paid the $25K it would have been forgotten within a week and his reputation would be intact. But because he refused to cooperate with the investigation and wasn't completely forthcoming Goodell slapped him with the suspension and most folks outside of the New England area now think he's a cheat. smh

Thing is Pug, I don't recall the names but a couple of retired players said it was something "everyone" did. But regardless, the footballs they measured from both the Colts and the Pats were down from what they started with. I'm no fan of the Patriots, but other than those two nitwits texting and mr dummy hitting the can near the field there really isn't alot of evidence. There is really no direct evidence.

I agree with you it didn't seem like Brady cooperated but with Benito Mussolini-Goodell, I'm sure the dude wasn't gonna say shit period because you don't need evidence for this guy to slam down the hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Thing is Pug, I don't recall the names but a couple of retired players said it was something "everyone" did. But regardless, the footballs they measured from both the Colts and the Pats were down from what they started with. I'm no fan of the Patriots, but other than those two nitwits texting and mr dummy hitting the can near the field there really isn't alot of evidence. There is really no direct evidence.

I agree with you it didn't seem like Brady cooperated but with Benito Mussolini-Goodell, I'm sure the dude wasn't gonna say shit period because you don't need evidence for this guy to slam down the hammer.
    They didn't need hard evidence to declare Brady 'more likely than not' was compliant in deflating those balls but IMO the main reason why Goodell slammed the hammer down on Brady was for not cooperating fully in the investigation. I suspect Goodell will announce in the next couple of days the suspension will be reduced to 2 games and it will be up to Brady and his lawyers if they want to pursue this in court.