Thread: Packers 2015 Training Camp Questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 24m24 minutes ago
    McCarthy: Another opportunity for us. Really kicked off Hall of Fame weekend and continued last week when some of our players came in early.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 23m23 minutes ago
    MM: Don't know about Jordy Nelson going yet. He looks good. We're doing conditioning now. I don't have the full medical report yet.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 24m24 minutes ago
    McCarthy says hadn't had a medical meeting yet so not sure who is out for tomorrow's first practice.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 21m21 minutes ago
    First two practices in shells. That means pads on Saturday.

A lot of experience, McCarthy points out, to @TomSilverstein pointing out that 20 starters are back from last year.

McCarthy: spring is for rookies. Now, he wants to see the team make the grind and come together.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 19m19 minutes ago
    McCarthy: It's the best offensive line I've coached. I'm confident the 2015 line will be better than 2014. #PackersCamp

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 18m18 minutes ago
    Loss to Seattle won't be used as motivator. "We're about winning the world championship here. That's never changed."

SERIOUSLY, REGARDLESS OF HIS DEEFENSES OR CONCERNS ABOUT HIS CLOSE GAME STRATEGY WITH A LEAD, M3 HANDLES THE EMOTIONAL STATE OF THE TEAM BETTER THAN JUST ABOUT ANY COACH OUT THERE. REFUSES TO BUCKLE TO PUBLIC BUY-IN TO SIMPLISTIC NARRATIVES, KEEPS FOCUS ON LONG TERM

McCarthy on pressure: Between my family and the team, I don't have much time to worry about what other people think

SEE? THIS IS WHEN STUBBORN PAYS OFF

McCarthy said he's going to do more analytical work than in past. Job responsibility not distinctly laid out.

PLEASE GO READ ADVANCED NFL STATS WIN PROBABILITY ARTICLES, SPECIFICALLY HOW YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KICKED THREE FGS IN FIRST HALF VERSUS SEACHICKENS

Follow-up on analytics: Spend more time on ourselves. Goes back to Schottenheimer "you are who you think you are."

OH GOD NO. SCHOTTENHEIMER IS EXACTLY THE COACH WHO WOULD TAKE 3 FGS ON THE ROAD VERSUS A GOOD DEFENSE. HE ALSO NEVER MADE IT OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS MIKE

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 12m12 minutes ago
    MM on Quarless: Talked to Andrew. He was here today. We had a long conversation after his incident. It's a legal process. He made a mistake.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 11m11 minutes ago
    MM: I'm disappointed, he's disappointed. He made a mistake and we're working through it.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 11m11 minutes ago
    MM on Guion and Jones suspensions: I think it's better served to talk about when we get down the line. How do we balance the reps ...

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 15m15 minutes ago
    Will emphasize drill work more with new-look corners."That's the beauty of the fundamental drills. .. Joe Whitt's outstanding."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 13m13 minutes ago
    McCarthy on Rodgers' reps with four QBs: It's a conversation. Not counting throws yet since Rodgers is in his prime.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 11m11 minutes ago
    McCarthy on being the favorite: Treating team any differently would make him a "super-hypocrite." Could be best leadership he's had.

SEE ABOVE ABOUT MANAGING EMOTION AND EXPECTATIONS

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 11m11 minutes ago
    "Hell, I agree with them. I think we're going to win it, too," McCarthy said on being the favorite.

NO WONDER HE LOVED FINLEY. THAT'S ENOUGH M3!
    Last edited by pbmax; 07-29-2015 at 10:41 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.