Thread: Ted Thompson, Male Uniform Model

Ted Thompson, Male Uniform Model

The true story about Ron Wolf's uniform design attempt.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...322011191.html

Long a student of football history, Wolf associated the Packers' pants with the maize of the University of Michigan. He didn't like that color.

Wolf wasn't enamored of the stripes on the Packers' helmets, jerseys or pants, either. He wanted a less cluttered look.

He pored over various shades of gold before selecting what Harlan remembered as a metallic gold for the pants.

"Ron was very excited about it," said Harlan. "He just thought the Notre Dame gold or the UCLA gold, whatever you wanted to call it, would be perfect."

The jersey that Wolf really liked had been worn by the Packers in the early 1950s.

"That gold (numbers) and green (body) one," he said. "But they wouldn't work today because you couldn't see the numbers."
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Ted made a fine mannequin.

Grateful for what Wolf had done in just two years on the job, Harlan wasn't going to deny his new GM if he wanted a new look for the Packers.

"We kind of made the decision on the spot," said Harlan, laughingly adding, "and it had nothing to do with the model.

"We were sitting out there in short-sleeve shirts in the sun waiting for Ted to come out of the tunnel. He kind of walked up and down the sidelines to let us see what it looked like.

"Dull is the only way I can describe it. It just looked blah out there. You see Notre Dame on TV and it looked like such a great uniform, but it just didn't look that way for us."

One of those two metallic gold 'G' helmets can be found displayed in the home of Pepper Burruss, the Packers' director of sports medicine.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Yeah, but I think that artist's rendering is actually good. Wolf said gold numbers not gold outlined white numerals. I don't think that would be as good.

Grateful for what Wolf had done in just two years on the job, Harlan wasn't going to deny his new GM if he wanted a new look for the Packers.

"We kind of made the decision on the spot," said Harlan, laughingly adding, "and it had nothing to do with the model.

"We were sitting out there in short-sleeve shirts in the sun waiting for Ted to come out of the tunnel. He kind of walked up and down the sidelines to let us see what it looked like.

"Dull is the only way I can describe it. It just looked blah out there. You see Notre Dame on TV and it looked like such a great uniform, but it just didn't look that way for us."

One of those two metallic gold 'G' helmets can be found displayed in the home of Pepper Burruss, the Packers' director of sports medicine.
    I wonder if they failed to take into account that Notre Dame uses gold flakes in the paint on the helmets. That gives the helmets a shiny appearance that other helmets lack. Or maybe green just isn't the right color to go with gold.

our helmets have gold flakes in them too, or at least yellow flakes