Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
It seems likely Brady was trying to hide something, and he committed the capital error of thinking he could lie his way out of it. Unfortunately for him, he did not carry the deceit far enough, and destroy the earlier phone, whenever. It clearly was not a well-followed standard practice to destroy his old phone immediately upon getting a new one, and the timing of the one phone's destruction is sure questionable. The simple answer is likely the correct answer as to why these facts are as they are, he had something to hide, he destroyed his phone to hide it, and he made up a story to cover it up.

This leaves us with two questions in my mind:
- Why in the word does he get a new phone every couple months?
- Does he have nothing better to do than write 557 texts over a 30 day time span during the season?
Have to disagree with your two questions. With the second, I think your age is showing a bit - now that unlimited texting is generally included in all plans, 2 dozen texts/day is probably on the low side for many (most?) people. As to the first question, as mentioned earlier in this thread, the cycling through phones is, if not common, also not unheard of.

I think the two better questions are
-why destroy the phone that day?
-if the previous phones are always destroyed, why is the older one around?