Thread: Brady 4 Game Suspension Upheld

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PB. Brady had no reason to destroy the phone unless he was guilty AND thought he would end up having to turn it over. So, why does he get a pass? Cause he thought the penalty would be less? I call bullshit to that. He knew damn well what he was doing. That they threw the book at him just means he miscalculated. No points for being a sleeze.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    PB. Brady had no reason to destroy the phone unless he was guilty AND thought he would end up having to turn it over. So, why does he get a pass? Cause he thought the penalty would be less? I call bullshit to that. He knew damn well what he was doing. That they threw the book at him just means he miscalculated. No points for being a sleeze.
    You can charge him with the private contract version of obstruction of justice. You can't charge him with football deflation because you *think* the incriminating texts are in there. That is especially true for me because I do not believe they have the physical evidence at all on deflation.

Also remember, he has successfully recovered all the email.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    You lost me with your first sentence. He destroyed the phone because that's what he does, and in his position, I can't say I blame him. Do you know what the tabloids would pay to get their hands on the messages between him and Gisele? He doesn't want to chance it falling into the wrong hands and having someone roll back a factory wipe?

Granted, having the phone from last fall makes the story a little shaky, but there could be a pile of reasons for that, like he gave it to one of his kids.

And sweet jesus, I agree with Red.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Guiness, he didn't destroy his other phone, so it is not his normal procedure. I can almost guarantee his kid has his own phone and it is the latest and greatest model. Regardless, he destroyed it the day of the interview. I think your really reaching for excuses here. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it probably is a duck.

So, absent an extraordinary set of coincidences, he destroyed the phone to keep it from the NFL. He would only do that if there were damning texts and he thought they might get their hands on it. And, I only mean the NFL gets the relevant texts through a third party examiner.