Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Brady 4 Game Suspension Upheld

Man I'm tired of hearing of this shit. I admit I haven't followed the case as I frankly don't care anymore at this point. Is Brady basically getting off on a Ryan Braun "chain of command" technicality?

Personally I think Brady was 100% involved with the balls being deflated and the only reason the NFL came down hard on the Pats was because they had already warned them about it. Now we have to listen to the asshole NE fans gloat. UGH.
    Go PACK

If the NFL had just followed my advice following Spygate incident, none of this resulting nonsense would have occurred.

Dispersal draft of the Patriots.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Man I'm tired of hearing of this shit. I admit I haven't followed the case as I frankly don't care anymore at this point. Is Brady basically getting off on a Ryan Braun "chain of command" technicality?

Personally I think Brady was 100% involved with the balls being deflated and the only reason the NFL came down hard on the Pats was because they had already warned them about it. Now we have to listen to the asshole NE fans gloat. UGH.
    Pretty much. The judge did not set aside any of the fact findings of the arbitrator. So the decision is not about whether or not Brady was actually involved with bribing people to deflate balls.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    If the NFL had just followed my advice following Spygate incident, none of this resulting nonsense would have occurred.

Just force them all to be cut, and let them go through the waiver wire process.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    man, goodell just got bitched slapped

and then he appeals it, making sure it drags on for even longer

the owners HAVE to be thinking about getting rid of him. what a fucking joke that guy has become
    As long as the money is coming in and the game is as popular as ever Goodell isn't going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I don't think people are, I know I'm not. My post above was all about abuse of power, nothing to do with actual events.
    Some Patriot fans are crowing loudly that this ruling as exonerated their QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post

Brady is getting off because the league botched this soap opera from day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Brady is getting off because the league botched this soap opera from day one.
    exactly

he did it, but due to goodells extreme incompetence, he's gonna get off scot free

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    the ruling changes nothing, certainly not what they believe. Plus, as many have mentioned, Brady's play improved in the second half, so even if he was cheating, he can't even do that right.

Sir, you're not even doing it right
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

There is something to this. Festering anger over how the Patriots behave like a NASCAR crew chief in search of 2 additional horsepower is part of what drove this process.

If they had a plan to deal with these types of incidents that did not involve backing themselves into corners, they might have tamed Belichick long before this.

But I am not sure the football inflation is worth the battle. If those fumble statistics had held up, then we are talking about a season long advantage (at home at least). But since those numbers have been largely debunked, I am not sure this was the hill to die on.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

They are more wrong than Wells ever was.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

So changes in the League office have been underway for a while now according to Jason LaCanfora.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...guard-underway

But he disagrees with red, Roger isn't going anywhere. They are changing his cabinet. And that is probably a good thing. Troy Vincent (Football Operations), hero to Badger fans, did not cover himself with glory over how he handled the Colts/Pats game after the alert email from Grigson. His measures were partial (he was probably not aware how personally Mike Kensil was taking it) at best and because they notified NO ONE about the concern, he made it look like a trap.

Jeff Pash, General Counsel/Exec Vice President) is disliked by Kraft and has not covered himself in glory. By interposing himself in the Wells investigation and then having to decline to testify, he helped put a nail in the coffin of the Court case.

Adolpho Birch should be riding high after the 2012 CBA win, but he is apparently on the outs due to his tone deaf approach to Rice's case and continuing issues with the Union.

One can't help but wonder if some of the old guard, like Ray Anderson, senior advisor Joe Browne and former football operations executive Ron Hill were in the roles they filled for so long if things would have gone this sideways.
    Last edited by pbmax; 09-03-2015 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    There is something to this. Festering anger over how the Patriots behave like a NASCAR crew chief in search of 2 additional horsepower is part of what drove this process.

If they had a plan to deal with these types of incidents that did not involve backing themselves into corners, they might have tamed Belichick long before this.

But I am not sure the football inflation is worth the battle. If those fumble statistics had held up, then we are talking about a season long advantage (at home at least). But since those numbers have been largely debunked, I am not sure this was the hill to die on.
    Ya, there's seems to be a strong undercurrent of resentment in league to these antics. Remember mic picked up Wolf at recent HOF gathering lauding Goodell directly for "handling that Patriot thing" or something to that effect.

I don't think many will shed a tear when the Belichek & Brady reign of terror comes to an end.

Ya, there's seems to be a strong undercurrent of resentment in league to these antics. Remember mic picked up Wolf at recent HOF gathering lauding Goodell directly for "handling that Patriot thing" or something to that effect.

I don't think many will shed a tear when the Belichek & Brady reign of terror comes to an end.

Dude, that was funny as hell. He leaned over and said "Great job on the patriot thing". I personally took at as a backhanded insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Dude, that was funny as hell. He leaned over and said "Great job on the patriot thing". I personally took at as a backhanded insult.
    He would have to have some major stones to rip on the commisioner of the game as he's handed the gold jacket. Although Wolf always had a biting personality so I could see it.

But pretty much the battle lines are drawn here.

Players back Brady.

Front office folk back "The Shield."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...sioners-power/

That's two owners now questioning Adolph Goodell.

Are Federal Judges bullies?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...g-for-the-nfl/

Judge Richard M. Berman surely knows that this happens, which means there’s a chance he included a specific message for the league’s lawyers at the very end of Thursday’s ruling in the Tom Brady case.

And the message may have been, “Appeal this decision at your own peril.”
    Details in article. Berman mentions three things he did not rule on that could haunt the NFL more than losing this appeal.

Are Federal Judges bullies?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...g-for-the-nfl/

Details in article. Berman mentions three things he did not rule on that could haunt the NFL more than losing this appeal.

Doty did the same thing on the Peterson case. He essentially said you fucked up on points 1-3 and you lose, I am not ruling on points 4 or 5 as it's moot.

I never thought about an appeal being sent back down and the judge simply saying, ok 1-3 seem to be ok by the appeals court but 4 & 5 are illegal too.

I just don't understand how a League that has been dealing with Collective Bargaining for, what, 50 years, fails this utterly.

Jason La Canfora ✔@JasonLaCanfora
    The fact the players not given copy of the game day operations manual - which outlines rules for inflation and penalties, also a key fact

Chris B. Brown @smartfootball
    NFL really only has themselves to blame as judge was only reviewing process with heavy deference to arbitrator. NFL's "process" is broken.

Translation: If they had a legit process, they could have had the decision they wanted. If they had followed precedent, they then could have amended rules to keep this from happening. Both better options than striking out.

I just don't understand how a League that has been dealing with Collective Bargaining for, what, 50 years, fails this utterly.

Jason La Canfora ✔@JasonLaCanfora
    The fact the players not given copy of the game day operations manual - which outlines rules for inflation and penalties, also a key fact

Chris B. Brown @smartfootball
    NFL really only has themselves to blame as judge was only reviewing process with heavy deference to arbitrator. NFL's "process" is broken.

Translation: If they had a legit process, they could have had the decision they wanted. If they had followed precedent, they then could have amended rules to keep this from happening. Both better options than striking out.

That's the whole thing to get out of this. Goodell shoots from the hip there are no rules in his mind. I do what I want he seems to think.

Get a process that makes sense. Follow the "law of the shop" as legally required and for god sakes don't have the NFL head lawyers EDITING THE INDEPENDENT FINDINGS.

I mean, is this the ultimate in balls.

They make a big deal about ball's air pressure yet have never had any controls in place. They honestly come off as a bunch of amateur morons in a billion dollar industry.