Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Brady 4 Game Suspension Upheld

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Perhaps, but they aren't going to win their appeal if those numbers back up the idea that the balls weren't under-inflated at the start of the game.

I'd still bet the scheme was to keep the balls at 12.5, or a tick lower, no matter what the officials did. Still circumvention, but not exactly the same thing.
    you know and I know that they futzed with their balls. But nobody really cares because 1) they can't prove they did it 2) they can't prove it couldn't or wouldn't happen naturally 3) it didn't affect the game and 4) If anyone cares at all, they mostly side with Brady because of 1-3 or oppose Brady/Belicheat because of how they perceived them before this 'scandal'
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I find it odd that the ball were removed from the officials room. But I find it almost as odd as there is no evidence that it had happened before. Because the cell phone thing made it sound like a regular event.

There has to be a way to square those two things and I think a scheme to not let the officials re-inflate the balls might fit the bill.

But as I said, that doesn't matter much now. I just want the bar for NFL investigations to be raised higher.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I just want the bar for NFL investigations to be raised higher.
    I figured that's where you're coming from. The NFL obviously doesn't want to have to admit that there's no difference in the balls, regardless, that is, that all can be explained by normal variation. In hindsight (and maybe some foresight we didn't have at the time) they picked really weak soil on which to plant their flag.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

And he's suspended again

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nsion-back-on/

and it looks like the blocked some of the paths for an appeal

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...pension-again/

Lastly, this may have played out roughly the way the Pats wanted it to - he's suspended for the first four games of the season, which I can't help but think are less critical than late season ones, and Brady restructured his deal to lower his base salary to $1M.

edit: two nationally televised (meh) but two divisional games and two against playoff teams from last year has to hurt
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Well this settles it. According the my careful calibrated Bayesian slider adjustments, there is an 82% chance the Patriots are guilty.

https://hatch113.shinyapps.io/bayesian_net_calc/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

NFL wins the Brady appeal on a 2-1 Federal Appeals court vote. He's out four games.

Its either an en banc appeal or request for the Supreme Court to review. Neither is common.

https://t.co/egW0bhtPtb

If they appeal this to the U.S. Supreme Court, things will have gotten totally ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    If they appeal this to the U.S. Supreme Court, things will have gotten totally ridiculous.
    Would that be the next step in the process?

I wouldn't doubt Brady has the ego to do that, and the Supreme Court might relish the idea of sticking their nose into the NFL's business.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    the Supreme Court might relish the idea of sticking their nose into the NFL's business.
    probably would rather it be on something more substantial, like concussions, but that's pretty unlikely. The latest settlement looks like it will stand.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/19/sp...suit.html?_r=0

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I seriously doubt the Supreme Court will ever hear this.

If a supreme court justice is on record saying "I want to look at your inflated balls" this will have all been worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    If a supreme court justice is on record saying "I want to look at your inflated balls" this will have all been worth it.
    They will know it when they see it.

Even if it was appealed to the Supreme Court, there is no guarantee they would even agree to hear it. They may simply let the appeals court ruling stand and move on.

Well, for this iteration of the Sanctioning of Tom Brady, the Original Post title makes sense.

The NFL gets their way once again. This was a lynching from the start

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    The NFL gets their way once again. This was a lynching from the start
    I don't see what good it would be for the league to go after one of their most successful franchises and star player unless they feel something against the rules happened. I know the league loves publicity but I can't imagine they want this kind of press coverage. Nobody wins in these kinds of things. NE looks like a bunch of lying cheats and Goodell looks like a lying buffoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    NE looks like a bunch of lying cheats and Goodell looks like a lying buffoon.
    They both look like that because they are that.

Blog Entries
    HOW IDIOTIC DOES ROBERT KRAFT LOOK NOW ??????????????? If he was going to donate draft picks you'd think he'd have a deal worked out ahead of time.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

upheld...as it should be.

Its not over!

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1h1 hour ago
    Addition of Ted Olson to Tom Brady's legal team means #Deflategate isn't ending any time soon