Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Brady 4 Game Suspension Upheld

The most shocking thing to me was that the PA s would send low level emplyees into the visitors locker room during pregame to find and steal the other teams scripted plays. When teams caught on to it and tried to lock the doors or have them guarded, pats emplyees would say they couldn't because it was a fire hazard.

The pats also were said to have sent team employees to the visitors hotels pool ng for playbooks or game notes

I think k there should be a new investigation opened, and if any of this is true, belechek should be banned for life

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Perhaps Belichick and Brady should have to wear cameras. Oh, wait...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    The most shocking thing to me was that the PA s would send low level emplyees into the visitors locker room during pregame to find and steal the other teams scripted plays. When teams caught on to it and tried to lock the doors or have them guarded, pats emplyees would say they couldn't because it was a fire hazard.

The pats also were said to have sent team employees to the visitors hotels pool ng for playbooks or game notes

I think k there should be a new investigation opened, and if any of this is true, belechek should be banned for life
    For me, it was that they would have guys on the sidelines wearing their shirts inside out, taping over logos, and wearing Patriots TV or Kraft Productions credentials. Obviously that's a sign that you know what you were doing was wrong and you shouldn't be doing it.

How could Belicheck then feign ignorance and say it was a misinterpretation of a rule?
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    It actually doesn't matter if the previous assumptions or experience was correct or helpful. Predisposes someone (anyone, not just Deflategate or football or owners) to believe that new evidence or facts support previous experience without a thorough examination.
    We all have biases, and yet many are able to still do a thorough examination. One does not follow the other, unless nobody can ever do a thorough examination. If that is the case, then maybe we should just give up.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    We all have biases, and yet many are able to still do a thorough examination. One does not follow the other, unless nobody can ever do a thorough examination. If that is the case, then maybe we should just give up.
    I don't mean no one can do a thorough examination. But the self satisfied answers the owners gave were consistent with a group of people who knew what they expected to find. And they wanted action. And not action on a thorough, independent inquiry. Wells might have been involved only to remove Goodell after some owners thought he failed in Spygate.

In order to keep his support and his job, Goodell had to deliver bigger penalties than in Spygate. And he failed, partially based on available evidence (evidence against team stronger than it was against Brady), but also on further decisions like not negotiating a deal with Brady once Kraft gave up the lawsuit. From this point of view, the lawsuit was inevitable. Goodall could not afford to back down. The Judge summoned John Mara to Court and some reporters speculated it was because he suspected Goodell did not have the authority to negotiate terms.

This is all a piece of a man without a plan. Many praised his political skills in that ESPN article. But he lack of other skills is much more troubling. This is why Goodell always looks like a Civil War General for the Union side, who will develop a plan once he is governed by circumstances.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I doubt the owners were commenting on legal procedural issues. Since that was the basis of the overturned appeal, they weren't exactly shown to have been wrong (or biased) in their opinions. Most people accept that Brady was involved in cheating.

The SI piece has Thayer Evans in the byline. Evans had been raked over the coals by Big 12 fans for his expose series on Oklahoma State University a few years back that had many of its sources deny, backtrack, or accuse Evans of manufacturing their statements.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

I doubt the owners were commenting on legal procedural issues. Since that was the basis of the overturned appeal, they weren't exactly shown to have been wrong (or biased) in their opinions. Most people accept that Brady was involved in cheating.
    Its not that the owners misjudged guilt. "About time", "at-last", "looked tough", "overdue", "good ... political maneuverer". They were pleased about how it looked and who it hurt. That it corrected a previously missed opportunity.

I can't come up with the adjective to do justice to the short sightedness of the whole thing. Its like watching a Scorsese movie.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsBruin View Post
    The SI piece has Thayer Evans in the byline. Evans had been raked over the coals by Big 12 fans for his expose series on Oklahoma State University a few years back that had many of its sources deny, backtrack, or accuse Evans of manufacturing their statements.
    To your point: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rate-anecdote/

Lost in the wake of the 10,000-word ESPN odyssey regarding the depths of the Spygate rabbit hole was a SI.com story that focused primarily on the steps taken by other teams to avoid being on the wrong end of New England cheating. Contained in that story was a compelling anecdote.

Compelling, but inaccurate.
    He got the story of declaring players OUT for road trips wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Its not that the owners misjudged guilt. "About time", "at-last", "looked tough", "overdue", "good ... political maneuverer". They were pleased about how it looked and who it hurt. That it corrected a previously missed opportunity.

I can't come up with the adjective to do justice to the short sightedness of the whole thing. Its like watching a Scorsese movie.

two De Niros in one day. That's a good haul.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

And your sig takes care of the tracking shot.

"Gisele and I are very happy with the outcome. Very, very happy."

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    "Gisele and I are very happy with the outcome. Very, very happy."

Did the Wells report confirm what he is texting in that photo? Unsound!

Did the Wells report confirm what he is texting in that photo? Unsound!

LOL. I'm guessing that is a relatively new phone. Verizon insurance wasn't buying the claim of an 'accidental' drop for the old one however. He paid full price.

Now the League Office is just stalling. I use this excuse for invoices all the time:

Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran 17m17 minutes ago
    The NFL acknowledged it received reinstatement request. First request sent Monday, no reply. After 2 more, league said they got it.

That is a request for the reinstatement of the two texting co-conspirators Jastremski and the Deflator (or maybe the Deflator's co-worker). This was another odd instance of each side insisting like an 8 year old that they did not do the thing they obviously did. The League at one point claimed it did not request the two be indefinitely suspended. But now it has to approve their return.

Its a 15 billion dollar per year business run by an elementary school.

So the Pats are forcing the issue and leaking information to further their cause? Too funny. It is like watching elementary kids, but with a much bigger budget.

So the Pats are forcing the issue and leaking information to further their cause? Too funny. It is like watching elementary kids, but with a much bigger budget.

Yep. Not sure this is a direct answer to the ESPN article (which was the entire League venting spleen) but it seems likely the Pats want to plant their own flag of righteousness.

Cheating always sound much more fun in retrospect. Like cute Gaylord Perry with the wiping of his hand all over his hat.

Coaches have taken to using their laminated list of plays to cover their mouths when sending in instructions. Some, such as Tampa Bay's Jon Gruden, cover almost their entire face.

There is some logic to that. Ernie Accorsi, general manager of the New York Giants, was the assistant GM with the Baltimore Colts in 1977 when the team hired Bob Colbert as an administrative assistant. Colbert was a former head coach at Gallaudet, the leading university for the deaf and hard of hearing, and was a professional lip-reader.

"We didn't hire him for that reason, but lip-reading was his expertise," Accorsi said.

In the 1977 regular-season finale, a do-or-die game against New England, Colbert trained his binoculars on the Patriot defensive coordinator and saw him mouth the words "double safety blitz."

"We got that in to [quarterback] Bert Jones and he hit Raymond Chester down the middle for a 78-yard touchdown," said Accorsi, whose team won the division and got into the playoffs with that win.
    http://articles.latimes.com/2003/oct...sp-nflfeature5