Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Packers Training Camp and Triage Center

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    DEFENSE IN FREE-FALL
    579!

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    579!
    FIFY
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    579!
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    FIFY
    You guys are at the same time, masochists - and - prozac addicts... embrace the disease, smoke a joint, and chillax
    wist

Anyone remember details of the Packers getting into GPS tracking and other newer measures of athlete performance and fitness?

Because they have used some of the same stuff Chip Kelly is doing in Philly but I specifically recall them collecting data on GPS and the players for some time. Which leads me to this:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...the-status-quo

“Our biggest competition is the status quo: the inability of old-school coaches to move beyond doing what they’ve always done,” said Gary McCoy, director of sports science at Catapult. “Change is frightening, especially in a sport like pro football.”

Hiring Australian-educated trainers and buying fancy equipment won’t do much good if coaches and players are reluctant to put theory and data into practice. McCoy mentioned one NFL client that has been highly receptive to sports science but collected three years of data before they began applying it.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Anyone remember details of the Packers getting into GPS tracking and other newer measures of athlete performance and fitness?

Because they have used some of the same stuff Chip Kelly is doing in Philly but I specifically recall them collecting data on GPS and the players for some time. Which leads me to this:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...the-status-quo
    This goes into it a little bit as well as the revised scheduling of treating Friday as a treatment day and Saturday as a practice day.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-gree...lan-1416338256
    Go PACK

In the early going, Adrian Hubbard's only been mentioned for being hurt. He better get better and show something or he'll get left in the dust. Well, okay, maybe not until after he's had a chance in the exhibition games.

I love Janis's potential, but it's hard not to root for Myles "Standish" White. I read somewhere, in answer to someone's question about him getting any stronger, that he's gained (I think) 18 pounds the last two years.

I'm wondering if Jayrone Elliot is showing anything yet. Or maybe he's waiting for the exhibition games to start.

I wonder, too, if that young QB - Blanchard, is it? - is going to make life tough for TT and Mikey-Mike. What do they do if they see a real pro QB in him, far closer to being ready than Hundley, who surely would be snatched up if they try to sneak him onto the PS? Maybe Casey Hayward can loan one of them his hamstrings so one of them can be put on injured reserve.

Ah, Hayward. I have a feeling - just a feeling, but his history supports it - that he's never going to truly develop into a reliable starter. Guy gets hurt more often than a sensitive seventh grade girl on her first period. Not his fault, I know, but it must give the coaches pause. Joe Whitt better be giving those rooks and Goodson a crash course. Someone's going to have to emerge from that group as an outside starter.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Ah, Hayward. I have a feeling - just a feeling, but his history supports it - that he's never going to truly develop into a reliable starter. Guy gets hurt more often than a sensitive seventh grade girl on her first period. Not his fault, I know, but it must give the coaches pause. Joe Whitt better be giving those rooks and Goodson a crash course. Someone's going to have to emerge from that group as an outside starter.
    Don't forget that Shields has never been available for 16 games in a season yet, to. He can be expected to miss at least two. CBs #3, #4 & #5 have to be ready to play.

So I guess Max McGee playing in the SB with a major hangover would be frowned upon??

I miss the good old days
    wist

Bill Huber at Scout.com says Randall in the lead for dime back job.

Randall has made a play or two at every practice to vault ahead of second-round pick Quinten Rollins, who had a strong offseason but missed the first three practices of training camp due to his hamstring. Randall has joined Shields, Hayward and Hyde in the dime.
    http://www.scout.com/nfl/packers/story/1570733

Should also note Randall has played both outside spots. Rollins hasn't yet, he's been inside at slot CB.

Until Wednesday, when he made good plays several times, Monty was outplaying Adams in early camp practices.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...dams/31139049/

Part of the perception probably is skewed by expectations, but it’s hard not to conclude that third-round draft pick Ty Montgomery has been the better playmaker early in camp. And one play involving Adams on Tuesday was a little jarring: cornerback Sam Shields’ leaping interception of a Rodgers throw on a go route.

Shields made an exceptional play, but one of Adams’ assets is his physical strength going after those kind of throws. On that play, he didn’t attack the ball like you’d expect and thus never had a shot at the catch or at least pass breakup.
    Also, Lane Taylor, who looked barely replacement level last year at times, has had a very good camp.

■ Lane Taylor, the No. 1 backup at left guard, lost his first one-on-one rep of camp when Mike Daniels beat him on their first rep. Taylor was 7-0 going into Tuesday. He won his other one-on-one snap of the day, against rookie Lavon Hooks.

10:26 AMTwitter
    Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    Mike Daniels came off the field clutching his lower right leg. He got checked out by a trainer briefly but now has his helmet back on.

10:25 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Crosby hits all six FG attempts. One attempt was aborted when Mandell bobbled the snap. 23, 36, 40, 43, 45, and 46 yards.

10:24 AMTwitter
    Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    Mandell pulled from the field goal drill by Ron Zook after a bad hold. Masthay comes in. Mandell has had issues holding so far in camp.

10:19 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Ryan and Randall only rookies on kick cover unit.

10:17 AMTwitter
    Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    Hayward again working his hamstring on the sideline using a baseball as a roller.

10:12 AMTwitter
    Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    Digging the 60s Motown music at Packers practice today.

10:11 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Tolzien hits Bsckman on slant for TD with blitz in his face.

10:07 AMTwitter
    Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    Damarious Randall with another nice pass breakup on the outside while covering Janis. He's been steady.

10:06 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Blanchard badly underthrows Hunt in end zone then goes to his bread and butter slant to Henry down to the 2.

10:03 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    12 overthrows wide open Lacy on wheel route near end zone.

9:59 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Shields now in with the 1s in team red zone. He's fine.

9:59 AMTwitter
    Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    Shields on the field taking reps.

9:57 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    12 to R Rodgers for leaping TD catch over Barrington on short fade.

9:56 AMTwitter
    Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    Shields just joined practice and he's wearing pads. That's odd. Maybe he isn't injured after all.

9:55 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Shields just came out and he has his pads on. Apparently isn't injured. Not sure what's up there.

9:54 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Lacy jumping in for a rep in team drill.

9:53 AMTwitter
    Rob Demovsky
    @RobDemovsky
    By my count, LaDarius Gunter becomes the first player with multiple picks of Rodgers this camp. Shields, Burnett and Randall each have one.
    Retweeted By Michael_Cohen13

9:53 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Lacy not taking team reps thus far.

9:50 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Lacy not taking team reps thus far.

9:48 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Goodson nice breakup on Janis over the middle.

9:47 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Rollins getting a first team rep at R outside CB in nickel vs 1 offense.

9:44 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Tolzien takes a couple steps to right and hits Myles White for about a 15-yard TD in corner. Great series in no huddle for him.

9:43 AMTwitter
    Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    Tolzien touchdown to Myles White during his turn in the no huddle. Impressive drive.

9:42 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Tolzien with a beautiful deep ball connection to Montgomery over Sebetic.

9:41 AMTwitter
    Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    Back-to-back catches by Montgomery from Tolzien, including a deep ball down the right sideline. He's been great.

9:39 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Rodgers' fifth pick in camp.

Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    Aaron Rodgers throws deep to Janis and is picked off by LaDarius Gunter. That's the fifth interception for Rodgers in six practices. Ouch.

Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Rodgers all day to throw deep to Janis underthrows and picked off by Gunter.

9:38 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Bulaga jumps offsides. Barclay replaces him.

9:37 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Cobb nice leaping catch on sideline from Rodgers.

9:36 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Starks taking reps with first team. Lacy on the sideline.

9:36 AMTwitter
    Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    Hayward and Randall, a rookie, are the starting corners in the no-huddle drill with Shields out.

9:35 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    No huddle drill.

9:35 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Dreaded autocorrect. Goodson. twitter.com/cbauernfldraft…

9:33 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    DL has to hate this drill. Take on a double team run block.

9:26 AMTwitter
    Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    Tim Masthay with two punts over 60 yards from out of the end zone. Cody Mandell with one over 60, one over 50 from the same starting spot.

Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Jeff Janis working as second team gunner behind Randall and Gunner.

9:25 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    First punt cover team features one rookie: Damarious Randall as a gunner.

9:24 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    On first punt from backed up Masthay launched one about 65 yards. Then Mandell matches him.

9:21 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    LB Andy Mulumba has been much better in 11 on 11s than 1 on 1s.

9:18 AMTwitter
    Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    Special teams getting chewed out for a few mental errors during punt drills. One player jumped offside, others were late to line up, etc.

9:18 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Julius Peppers always takes a few turns to stay sharp. Over the years, some vets don't do the drill.

9:17 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    DE Josh Boyd hasn't done well in this drill.

9:16 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    BJ Raji is really quick off the ball at his lighter weight.

9:15 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Letroy Guion was fierce. He threw down Lane Taylor on one and blew by Barklay in another.

9:15 AMTwitter
    Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    Matthews out on the practice field now without pads, same as the last couple days.

9:14 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Some takeaways from 1 on 1 pash rush:

8:46 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Lacy is in pads and working today after foot soreness sidelined him briefly Tuesday.

8:41 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Lacy is in pads and working today after foot soreness sidelined him briefly Tuesday.

8:39 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Randall, Rollins and Gunter, all rookies, playing three corner spots at one point.

8:38 AMTwitter
    Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    Nate Palmer is working alongside Sam Barrington at inside linebacker in the base defense with Matthews out.

8:38 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    So far no Matthews, Perry and Shields at practice today. Still checking others.

8:34 AMTwitter
    Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    Interesting to see a few new guys missing considering the team did not have a real practice yesterday.

8:34 AMTwitter
    Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    No sign of Sam Shields outside today either.

8:29 AMTwitter
    Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    Andy Mulumba, who has played very well, is taking Perry's reps as an outside linebacker with the first-team defense.

8:27 AMTwitter
    Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    No Clay Matthews and no Nick Perry today. Perry is new to the injured list.

8:12 AMTwitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Jeff Janis working as second team gunner behind Randall and Gunner

Seems like an easy mistake to make. Probably his phone populated it for him from Gunter. If his name were really Gunner, a guy like Matt Millen would have half his broadcast talking points covered.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Also, Lane Taylor, who looked barely replacement level last year at times, has had a very good camp.
    Yeah, but does he know the rookies' names yet? Will he talk about the TEs?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Bill Huber at Scout.com says Randall in the lead for dime back job.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/packers/story/1570733

Should also note Randall has played both outside spots. Rollins hasn't yet, he's been inside at slot CB.
    Randall is dime. Rollins is slot, behind Hyde in the depth chart. That's directly from SPH. Wonder how camp might change that. Will have to see where they put Rollins during PS games...

Shields missed first half+ of practice but them jumped in like his parents had just been late dropping him off from soccer practice. Lacy was out of some work but participated in others, obviously resting his foot.

Nick Perry revealed his surprise 2015 injury to the Packer trainers last night and as per usual, got the day off.

Hayward is back practicing.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Randall is dime. Rollins is slot, behind Hyde in the depth chart. That's directly from SPH. Wonder how camp might change that. Will have to see where they put Rollins during PS games...
    I'm sure Rollin's primary role, ideally anyway, is backup slot to Hyde. And that's probably where he gets his first reps in preseason. But later in the game he will get his shot outside

Question is this: if Shields, Hayward and Hyde are healthy, does Randall have a role? They seem to be grooming him for a lot of ST work.

Rollins actually has a straighter line to Game Day reps on Defense.

I'm a little concerned with all of the INTs Rodgers is throwing.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

M3 PC #6

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 28m28 minutes ago
    McCarthy on Shields being a late arrival. Dental appointment.

Nick Perry has groin injury.

On Peppers' reps with all the LB injuries: Couple days off helps with that. This is toughest stretch of camp, MM says.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 27m27 minutes ago
    No restrictions on Lacy, who returned today.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 26m26 minutes ago
    MM uses a Gunter question to say he wasn't happy with today's practice tempo.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 25m25 minutes ago
    MM on Matthews. No timetable. Should be OK after having whole offseason with the ILBs so no concern there.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 24m24 minutes ago
    Demosky asks about Rodgers throwing 5 INTs in practice thus far. "The good news is you're paying attention," MM says.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 23m23 minutes ago
    MM says three or four were competitive balls, giving guys chances to make plays.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 20m20 minutes ago
    "There's nothing like it," MM says of having a practice in front of 70K fans like on Family Night.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 18m18 minutes ago
    Packers will do a little prep for the New England game beginning with Monday's practice.

I'm pretty excited by the ballhawking secondary, picking off the QB with the lowest historical INT:TD ratio.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    I'm a little concerned with all of the INTs Rodgers is throwing.
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    I'm pretty excited by the ballhawking secondary, picking off the QB with the lowest historical INT:TD ratio.
    I'm more excited about the ballhawking secondary than I am concerned about Rodgers throwing INT's. I'd be more concerned if the secondary weren't able to stop anything Rodgers does.